Custom Cycling Kits

Ysterman

Nice kit but what's the minimum with most of these guys?

With todays printing technology there has to be a market for short run, affordable custom kits that are decent quality.

I found guys that could do 10 but the prices really came down when I pushed the quantity up to 30. Turnaround times varied from 3-5 weeks. Set up fees (once off cost) also varied from around R250 to R1500. Rage and Panda had the higher set up fees but if you're planning to do repeat runs it's worth it.

I found guys that could do 10 but the prices really came down when I pushed the quantity up to 30. Turnaround times varied from 3-5 weeks. Set up fees (once off cost) also varied from around R250 to R1500. Rage and Panda had the higher set up fees but if you're planning to do repeat runs it's worth it.

Done a fair amount of larger run shirts for clients but am still trying to find some people who will do the 3 / 4 sets at a decent price for personal kit that we've designed in the studio. Might have to go to china in the end.

Done a fair amount of larger run shirts for clients but am still trying to find some people who will do the 3 / 4 sets at a decent price for personal kit that we've designed in the studio. Might have to go to china in the end.

You'll have to look for someone without a setup cost. On my list here, I don't have any set up cost shown for Anatomic. Their quote on a run of 10 was around R525 per item (quite an old quote so costs may have changed).

You'll have to look for someone without a setup cost. On my list here, I don't have any set up cost shown for Anatomic. Their quote on a run of 10 was around R525 per item (quite an old quote so costs may have changed).

That is always the killer. Anatomic were really good to a charity client last year that we did some pro bono for. Mannie really came to the party with extras and std / elite shirt cuts. Only issue I have with Anatomic is the material isn't exactly my fav' but can't fault them for price / service.

Thanks for all the responses ... I'm working through them ...

Our challenge is that we're not a club ... just a small social bunch who mostly MTB

So the numbers would be relatively small ... and then further split between different sizes as well

And I mentioned quality ... but that made me think ... what does that mean?

- Print

- Material

- Zips

How do you know if the one is really better than the other?

Our challenge is that we're not a club ... just a small social bunch who mostly MTB

So the numbers would be relatively small ... and then further split between different sizes as well

- Print

- Material

- Zips

Ask the reps for samples, that's why I ultimately went for Rage. Their rep dropped off a heap of samples for me to look at and try out. The S/M/L variations shouldn't affect your price too badly. Remember you'll probably want two jerseys each so you should easily get more than ten in an order.

The print probably refers to the number of colours that you want to use.

Material, you get the square patterned material and the other, more traditional with small, round holes. I went square because I liked the print quality it offered.

The zips refers to whether you want a 1/4, a 3/4 or a full zip as well as whether you want a hidden zip or open. A hidden zip offers a cleaner design as it doesn't break the printing.

The print probably refers to the number of colours that you want to use.

Material, you get the square patterned material and the other, more traditional with small, round holes. I went square because I liked the print quality it offered.

The zips refers to whether you want a 1/4, a 3/4 or a full zip as well as whether you want a hidden zip or open. A hidden zip offers a cleaner design as it doesn't break the printing.

Only thing I'd add to the above is to check the cut (std or race and sizing), get some extra venting material in the sides, check UV rating and even though hidden zips look kewl they don't last as long and more often than not are annoying to pull down mid race.

- Print

- Material

- Zips

small social bunch? in terms of numbers!?

a small order will work out very costly per item regardless who u go with!

I use OTR Designs... Stephen Fowler is the owner.

I'm currently having 3 custom kits made, so I doubt if a small number would play a huge role.

PM me for his contact details