PING A[S]G and CWC - Do you accept my challenge?

rusty

Hi fellow hubbers,

Jean Smith & I(Jeanne Nell) have been selected to represent South Africa at the UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Manchester from 1 to 3 November 2013.

We will depart for a 2 week(just short of) training camp in Newport on 20 October, and depart for Manchester around 30 October.

Cycling South Africa & our current sponsors have assisted with partial funding of the trip, but we still require further funding to make the trip possible.

Making up two thirds of the National Team Sprint team, we have come on in leaps and bounds in recent times and have our eyes firmly set on participation at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Manchester World Cup will be the first step towards achieving that goal and dream. We need to compete on a wooden track to post competitive international times, and in the process convince SASCOC that we are worthy op competing at the Games in Glasgow.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and will go a long way to help us achieving our dreams. If anybody is willing/able to assist us financially, please see the attached confirmation letters from Cycling South Africa & get in contact with me telephonically via 0836032167 or e-mail via nell.jeanne@gmail.com after which I can send through the Cycling SA banking details for any deposits.

MOD EDIT: MERGED WITH WAYNES CHALLENGE WHICH STARTS ON PAGE 4

Slowbee

RUSTY EDIT: Banking details below as requested by some!

Below is banking details as requested:

Bank name: NEDBANK LIMITED

Account Type: Cheque

Account number: 1956296638

Branch code: 10880900

Branch name: TABLEVIEW

Please use reference "WorldCup Donation" & your name.

Sponsorship letter - Jeanne Nell_P1.pdf

Sponsorship letter - Jean Smith_P1.pdf

Edited by rusty

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty,

Several of us assisted Fire, and I will make a donation to you & Jean.

However THERE IS NO WAY i will pay the assistance to CSA as your letter from them demands.

I will email you .

Hi Guy in Pink,

Thanks a million...appreciate the support!! :clap:

I just modified the attachments to remove the banking details. Bit difficult for me to keep track of any accumulated funding if direct deposits to them are made without my knowing.

Cannot open the attachment?

Hi spiderkzn...sorry for that, I changed the attachments now to remove the banking details, that way I can keep track of any deposits to know how much has been contributed!

Please let me know if the newer attachments open?

These are 2 of the most overlooked riders in SA and really nice guys. Fully worthy of going to WC and Commonwealth Games.

Their dedication and work ethic while holding down a fullttime job us unbelievable.

Come on peeps they really need your help!!!

Did I read correctly, donations to be paid directly to CSA, and not the cyclist's!?

Hi Wannabe, the letter states that...but I removed the banking details from the letter. It will be easier for me to control and manage the amounts if paid directly into my bank account - from where I can do a bulk transfer to CSA to cover our trip expenses(CSA are doing bookings and payments for flights, hotels, travel in UK, etc).

I think the letter is aimed at companies/corporates doing bulk donations for athletes...rather than multiple smaller donations.

+1?

I'm keen to help but there is no chance I am giving one red cent to CSA. If you PM me your personal bank account details I'll deposit there.

Eldron...See above :thumbup:

Edited by rusty

Hi Wannabe, the letter states that...but I removed the banking details from the letter. It will be easier for me to control and manage the amounts if paid directly into my bank account - from where I can do a bulk transfer to CSA to cover our trip expenses(CSA are doing bookings and payments for flights, hotels, travel in UK, etc).

I think the letter is aimed at companies/corporates doing bulk donations for athletes...rather than multiple smaller donations.

If you do a bulk transfer to CSA will the monies still be used towards YOUR costs?

If you do a bulk transfer to CSA will the monies still be used towards YOUR costs?

What he said.

MOST DEFINITELY...we have an amount that we need to contirbute and as long as each athlete makes that contribution, it will be spent on his/her trip to the UK.

CSA have also committed to covering part of the expenses...just the balance left for athletes to cover.

Rusty, I sent you an email earlier, but if you don't get it, pm me account details.

Apologies...stoooopid Gmail decided it was Spam! :cursing: Reply on the way...