Rally against incidents in PTA East - CANCELLED

manie2naude

Hi everybody, i had a conversation with a Capt. at Garsfontein police station and unfortunately the rally for Sunday is a no-no due to procedural requirements. The police are aware of the incidents and are working with security companies to address the situation. Will keep everybody posted.

Did he give you a list of what procedures are required or just blow you off with "you can't do that - procedures bla bla bla?

Hi everybody, i had a conversation with a Capt. at Garsfontein police station and unfortunately the rally for Sunday is a no-no due to procedural requirements. The police are aware of the incidents and are working with security companies to address the situation. Will keep everybody posted.

I thought that the police were meant to be in charge of public safety, not private companies.

I thought that the police were meant to be in charge of public safety, not private companies.

I thought I read somewhere that some police stations actually hire private security firms to guard them?!

Um, is the police not missing the point of this rally by "requiring" certain "procedures"? I mean, if we can have massive unofficial group rides like the Critical Mass for cycling awareness, surely we can set up a small but visible display in aid of cyclist safety?

Next time we should not even notify the authorities and just pitch up methinks.