XFusion Shocks (Forks, Seatpost)

beanz

Does anyone have any experience with X Fusion products? I'm looking for a fork for a 650b AM build and the X Fusion Sweep has caught my attention.

It's the 650b variation of the Slant (26er) and Trace (29er) forks, both of which seem to get excellent reviews and great owner satisfaction. The biggest complaint about them is availability. The Sweep fared pretty well against the Pike, which seems the be the fork on everyone's most wanted list, in a head to head shootout:

http://bikemagic.com...sion-sweep.html

The biggest difference is the price really, and with the Pike retailing probably around R11-12k, if there's an option that's nearly as good but not much more than half the price it's worth a second look.

It lacks compression adjustment, and only has rebound and lockout, but if you're pretty normally sized maybe the factory tune is good enough.

They also do the Hilo seatpost.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any experience with X Fusion products? I'm looking for a fork for a 650b AM build and the X Fusion Sweep has caught my attention.

It's the 650b variation of the Slant (26er) and Trace (29er) forks, both of which seem to get excellent reviews and great owner satisfaction. The biggest complaint about them is availability. The Sweep fared pretty well against the Pike, which seems the be the fork on everyone's most wanted list, in a head to head shootout:

The biggest difference is the price really, and with the Pike retailing probably around R11-12k, if there's an option that's nearly as good but not much more than half the price it's worth a second look.

It lacks compression adjustment, and only has rebound and lockout, but if you're pretty normally sized maybe the factory tune is good enough.

Any thoughts?

http://www.xfusionshox.com/distributors-service-centers.html

RSA

GRAVITY IMPORTS (PTY) LTD.

Unit C66

Paardevlei De Beers Ave

Strand, Cape Town 7140

tel: +27 76 902 6558

info@xfusionshox.co.za

xfusionshox.co.za

The local website is under construction...

Edited by Bibi

call me at 0725170868

regards

Brenton

Hey Brenton, what's the secret? Please share it with everyone.

Hey Brenton, what's the secret? Please share it with everyone.

Yeah, share the secret with everyone!

Any thoughts?

You could try contact Jaco from The Bike Shed. He recently received a huge order of X-Fusion shocks/forks/posts and will be able to give you some extra info / help you make a decision. http://www.thebike-shed.co.za/

He is in CPT though, but you could always get a courier to collect. :)

There are local importers for X-Fusion, no experience with their dropper posts. Although they do seem to be very well received.

Have ridden a couple of their forks, most recently on the Bergamont Threesome which is a 650b trail bike. And I have to say, the X-fusion fork really is great. A nice progressive stroke and straightforward to setup.

Think a lot of it has to do with Doug Bradbury going over there, he was one of the pioneers of Manitou way back when.

I had an Xfusion shock on my last bike, worked pretty well, was easy to take apart and do a quick service but I couldnt find anybody who sold service kits for it. It looked as though it would have to go to Gravity Imports in Durbanville for servicing.

2 weekends ago I was chatting with Mark Hopkins at the PYGA stand (Africa Cycle Fair) about the new One Fourty Pascoe. He said that the bike was ideally designed to have a fork like the Pike. He then said that the new X-Fusion (I'm guessing the Sweep) offers near Pike performance at half the price.

http://www.xfusionsh...ce-centers.html

RSA

GRAVITY IMPORTS (PTY) LTD.

Unit C66

Paardevlei De Beers Ave

Strand, Cape Town 7140

tel: +27 76 902 6558

info@xfusionshox.co.za

xfusionshox.co.za

The local website is under construction...

Hey thanks all - this is the impression I'm getting. Here everyone seems so wired into fox or rockshox that we don't even consider other alternatives.

Hey thanks all - this is the impression I'm getting. Here everyone seems so wired into fox or rockshox that we don't even consider other alternatives.

True!

Even some of the long standing fork brands like Marzo get prematurely judged here in SA...

If my wallet was 10 sizes bigger I'd want something different to a RS or Fox...

*droooool* DVO

*droooool* BOS