Scott Spark 29" Epic Failure

seahorse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it has got something to do with the pivot and the bearings seizing. Probike are aware of it - advised my LBS to tell clients to keep it greased/lubricated (?) etc. I'm not too clued up on the technical stuff but thats what I was told. Have a 2012 Spark Elite

I take mine to my LBS to lube up the pivots every so often. Heard horrible stories of these things seizing up and ruining the frame.

Same happened to me on W2W.

Currently waiting for replacement part. I actually thought by choosing aluminium over carbon frame I would be spared with these kind of failures.

I broke my mates Pyga at Meerendal last weekend. The frame cracked in half at the weld. Can happen with anybike i guess.

post-9483-0-16884800-1384263955_thumb.jpg

I broke my mates Pyga at Meerendal last weekend. The frame cracked in half at the weld. Can happen with anybike i guess.

Sure he was not to happy with you

I think he wants a green one so he is a bit chuffed.