RAVE - KING PRICE INSURANCE & HOT SPOT CYCLES

PieterL

Hi Guys

On the eve of the festive season and as the sun came up on my summer holiday training season I had an incident at the Big Read Barn on one of those hectic down hill sections.

Needless to say I sustained some damage.

I took my bike to Hannes at Hot Spot Cycles (Pretoria) on Monday, he assessed the damage and quoted me in respect of same. I service my bike there regularly and his service and attitude is truly excellent and unparalleled.

Thereafter I lodged the claim with King Price today, also with a guy called Hannes. It must not have been 30 min when he returned my call confirming that all was in order, the admin was completed and that I may proceed to instruct Hot Spot to fix my bike and that they would pay the amount due by them (the invoice amount excluding my minute excess) to me on this coming Monday.

In my experience, when compared to other service providers, I received quick, efficient, seamless service and value (for money) from both the aforesaid service providers.

Usually I do not have a lot of praise to sing for insurance companies, especially when I read other posts of guys' past experiences with their insurers.

I have been with King Price now for approximately 1 year. This was my first claim instituted and if everything continues and remains as seamless as my experience of today, I may very well undergo a change of heart. I can truly recommend King Price.

I am really impressed! Excellent service! Well done guys!

Cheers and safe cycling

Hi Guys

On the eve of the festive season and as the sun came up on my summer holiday training season I had an incident at the Big Read Barn on one of those hectic down hill sections.

Needless to say I sustained some damage.

I took my bike to Hannes at Hot Spot Cycles (Pretoria) on Monday, he assessed the damage and quoted me in respect of same. I service my bike there regularly and his service and attitude is truly excellent and unparalleled.

Thereafter I lodged the claim with King Price today, also with a guy called Hannes. It must not have been 30 min when he returned my call confirming that all was in order, the admin was completed and that I may proceed to instruct Hot Spot to fix my bike and that they would pay the amount due by them (the invoice amount excluding my minute excess) to me on this coming Monday.

In my experience, when compared to other service providers, I received quick, efficient, seamless service and value (for money) from both the aforesaid service providers.

Usually I do not have a lot of praise to sing for insurance companies, especially when I read other posts of guys' past experiences with their insurers.

I have been with King Price now for approximately 1 year. This was my first claim instituted and if everything continues and remains as seamless as my experience of today, I may very well undergo a change of heart. I can truly recommend King Price.

I am really impressed! Excellent service! Well done guys!

Cheers and safe cycling

Thats perfect customer service, excellent.

authorisation within 30 minutes is unheard of theses days.

I had to wait 20 days for a payout from an unWyze Insurance Co.

Where are these "hectic downhill sections" at the barn that you speak of?

I have only heard good things about hot spot, so no surprise there, but thanks for the heads up re. king price. Will have to check out their pricing..

Where are these "hectic downhill sections" at the barn that you speak of?

I have only heard good things about hot spot, so no surprise there, but thanks for the heads up re. king price. Will have to check out their pricing..

Well, I guess not that hectic, only really steep at some stages compared to what I am used to...

• 1 month later...

Jip! they have this special running! Its incredible! Think all should strike whilst its hot...

Tell us more

Tell us more

Also something to remember: if you have your car insurance at King Price, you can add one bike up to a value of R50 000 to your portfolio for... a whopping R1 a month

?

Nice. Any idea who underwrites King Price?

MunichRe - a large international insurance company - think European based.

Just call them for a quote - they managed to save me almost 30% on my comprehensive insurance.

And yes, for every car that you insure through them, you can add one item (bike, Nikon camera or set of golf clubs) up to the value of R 50 000; for R 1 per month.

Also had good service from them when I called them to switch.