[Event] 99er Cycle Tour

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Event Name: 99er Cycle Tour
When: 8 February 2014
Where: Durbanville Race Course, Western Cape
Category: Road

The 99er Cyle Tour and MTB Challenge is an established sporting event on the Westen Cape Cycling calender that caters for road and mountain bike enthusiasts. The next race is on 8 February 2014. Entries will open early December 2013.

The Durbanville Racecourse is the race venue and serves as the Start/Finish for the

• 99km road race
  • 55km road race
  • 35km MTB race
  • 12km MTB race
  • 5 km Fun Walk

On-line entries open on 2 December 2013

Early entries close at 24h00 on 27 January 2014

On-line entries close on 3 February 2014

Go to Event Page

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35km mtb is the best they can do to grow the event?

My 11yr old will do that in 2hrs.

really?

• 2 weeks later...

Do not underestimate the 35km.More than 1100m of climbing in such short distance means aftjop!

Distance alone can be very deceiving ... especially when it's "all" uphill.

Do not underestimate the 35km.More than 1100m of climbing in such short distance means aftjop!

Anyone can make a short race unpleasant?

What i am trying to say is 35km the longest distance they can put together for the MTB section?

At least 50km with 1100m climbing would be great!

Anyone can make a short race unpleasant?

What i am trying to say is 35km the longest distance they can put together for the MTB section?

At least 50km with 1100m climbing would be great!

Try riding the trails before making any conclusions. The route contains some of the most awesome singletrack in the tygerberg hills - it has no free miles but doesn't contain any unnecessary torture. leaders will probably average between 18 and 19km/h

Try riding the trails before making any conclusions. The route contains some of the most awesome singletrack in the tygerberg hills - it has no free miles but doesn't contain any unnecessary torture. leaders will probably average between 18 and 19km/h

point taken,i did jump the gun on this,my apologies :blush:

The Durbanville trails in general are tough. Too tough for me, Last race I did was 28km with 1500m of climbing. Not what I consider a fun day out. Going to do the road race this year.

Does anyone know how the seeding will work for the 99km Road Race?

They base them on the PPA races results, kind of like the Burger and Argus (ie not the normal PPA funride groups)

Does anyone know how the seeding will work for the 99km Road Race?

They run there own seeding for the event for all that have entered, they pull the data from Racetec results.

Ok thanks Skubarra and skistar. I have Burger 2013 and Tour de PPA 2014 results now on Racetec so hopefully they use them :)

Have to agree with this. Relocated from Pretoria where I used to ride most of the Marathons with a relevant degree of ease. Used to drill down 70km practice sessions quite easily. The trails around Durbanville in my opinion is completely different than what I'm used to. It's way tougher in general.

Did Hoogekraal last week with a bunch of mates and they made me look like a rookie. 11km and felt like a good 40km session with the boys up in Gauteng.

Entered the 35km but I'm by no means under the impression that it's going to be just another scenic race.

If I am not signed up to PPA, will this influence my seading. Not sure I I am going to do PPA this year.

If I am not signed up to PPA, will this influence my seading. Not sure I I am going to do PPA this year.

Yes, I think so. I think they use a combination of PPA rides and cycletour events for you seeding doing this event. If not a PPA member just your cycletour events.

Either way to late to do anything about it now :-)