Team MTN Qhubeka bikes stolen out car Nicoleway Bryanston

nathrix

From twitter

@JamesLouter: My bikes stolen out my car at Nicoleway!This is the Team MTN Qhubeka Trek ,plus a resprayed black cervelo "qhubeka" http://t.co/p4Ohcfb42v

@JamesLouter: The other bike stolen from Nicoleway Cervelo sprayed Qhubeka. With sram red etc. keep them eyes peeled please folks http://t.co/VGpWlEPvKG

@JamesLouter: At Nicoleway centre trying to look at CCTV footage but security making me feel like the criminal......

post-4329-0-80635700-1390499973_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-56907700-1390499988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amaboepensie

That really sucks, there's 0 honesty left in this country, thieves should be have their hands chopped off!

I like that MTN are using the Retul bike fit ;)

Hi

I'm sorry to bring this up, in Saudi Arabia vendors cover their goods with a sheet when they pray and a bowl a person for money for items purchased. They leave their cars running so that when hey return from the shops whether it be in 15min or an hour later their air conditioners hv kept cars cool.

In India with the many poor people vendors at the end of the business day fold their goods in a tarpaulin remove the storm water grate and place it in it go home and the next morning their goods are still there and trade.

We have created a culture of entitlement, we have our African brothers from war orn countries arriving here with nothing but he loses on their backs and within a few years have established themselves as part of the economically successful population.

In contrast to india or saudi arabia we lock our cars bikes houses up with alarms electric fences armed response etc to prevent theft yet we still find ourselves victims.

We have such a beautiful country I wouldn't swap it fr the world however it's such a breath of fresh air when on holiday abroad recently my wife forgot our camera on the Beach for us to return early the next morning to find it exactly where we had forgotten it.

What's the solution, swift decisive justice system.

In Khayelitsha the police are being investigated for allowing kangaroo courts to exist, unfortunately if the people lose faith in the justice or policing system these kangaroo courts and vigilantism will become the order of the day, I'm not by any means proposing this is right

Hi

I'm sorry to bring this up, in Saudi Arabia vendors cover their goods with a sheet when they pray and a bowl a person for money for items purchased. They leave their cars running so that when hey return from the shops whether it be in 15min or an hour later their air conditioners hv kept cars cool.

In India with the many poor people vendors at the end of the business day fold their goods in a tarpaulin remove the storm water grate and place it in it go home and the next morning their goods are still there and trade.

We have created a culture of entitlement, we have our African brothers from war orn countries arriving here with nothing but he loses on their backs and within a few years have established themselves as part of the economically successful population.

In contrast to india or saudi arabia we lock our cars bikes houses up with alarms electric fences armed response etc to prevent theft yet we still find ourselves victims.

We have such a beautiful country I wouldn't swap it fr the world however it's such a breath of fresh air when on holiday abroad recently my wife forgot our camera on the Beach for us to return early the next morning to find it exactly where we had forgotten it.

In Khayelitsha the police are being investigated for allowing kangaroo courts to exist, unfortunately if the people lose faith in the justice or policing system these kangaroo courts and vigilantism will become the order of the day, I'm not by any means proposing this is right

Don’t lose faith in this beautiful country of ours…

Over December we had visitors from overseas ( Saudi Arabia to be precise). They forgot a packet somewhere on the V & A (they only discovered the evening when they got home that they missing a packet). A few days later when they were there again they made an enquiry at info…… and what do you know. They forgot it in a shop and the attendant took it to info just in case the owners came to look for it…. So there is still some honest people in the country ….

Sorry that is terrible man, I have had my bikes on a platform carrier unlocked there a few times while I pop into the shops.. :huh: Wont be doing that ever again !

Where they actually locked inside the vehicle or on a carrier?

Hi

I don't know where you get your information from, but it is definitely not like that in India and Saudi Arabia. And

Just googling a bit will reveal more information and you can start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_India and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Saudi_Arabia - have you perhaps read about the recent village council punishment for a girl in India? Gang rape by 12 men for walking with a man from another village?

Be serious and stop posting that crap.

I don't know where you get your information from, but it is definitely not like that in India and Saudi Arabia. And

Just googling a bit will reveal more information and you can start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_India and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Saudi_Arabia - have you perhaps read about the recent village council punishment for a girl in India? Gang rape by 12 men for walking with a man from another village?

Be serious and stop posting that crap.

don't believe everything you read on wikipedia... you'll find anyone can edit any article on wiki.... just saying...

Edited by Buzzman

That really happens in Saudi ...vendors do leave their items covered with a sheet..seen that ....never been to India so no comment...

As for the crime ..as long as Numero Uno is filling his gut at the trough...it will be a free for all.... :thumbdown: