I've Scott a Problem

GraemeS

Some advise from someone who has had the following similar problem would be much appreciated.

Last weekend I manged to break the swing-arm on my Scott Spark 940 just behind the lower pivot on the drive side. I know the bike is still under warranty so I took it to the shop where I purchased it.

The shop was very helpful and will manage the whole claims process. This involves submitting the claim to Scott international, following up with them in terms of approval, getting the approval, and then getting the replacement part to be shipped to them from oversees as apparently this sort of stock is not kept in SA.

The catch is that this can take up to 8 weeks. I don't have a second bike and have a multi-stage race coming up in May. I was hoping to get decent base training in over this period and can't image not being able to get on my bike.

Is there anything I can do to expedite the Scott process?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the shop where you spent your hard earned cash, should look at loaning you a Scott demo bike, they can sort the logistics with the importers..... It will go a long way with their brand and customer service. It also does not cost much in their world.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

This seems to be a common problem with the Scott 9... range , with bearings failing , etc. There should be a RECALL as you find with cars . I also have a Scott 940 and do not want to visit my LBS after every race/training ride.

Some advise from someone who has had the following similar problem would be much appreciated.

Last weekend I manged to break the swing-arm on my Scott Spark 940 just behind the lower pivot on the drive side. I know the bike is still under warranty so I took it to the shop where I purchased it.

The shop was very helpful and will manage the whole claims process. This involves submitting the claim to Scott international, following up with them in terms of approval, getting the approval, and then getting the replacement part to be shipped to them from oversees as apparently this sort of stock is not kept in SA.

The catch is that this can take up to 8 weeks. I don't have a second bike and have a multi-stage race coming up in May. I was hoping to get decent base training in over this period and can't image not being able to get on my bike.

Is there anything I can do to expedite the Scott process?

There is the problem. Ask the LBS to help with a bike

Why cant probike give you a temp chainstay replacement until your new frame comes back? They did that for me so I could ride over xmas while waiting for the replacement. That said, I just got my new frame this week so there is a spare chainstay sitting with Crown Cycles right now.

Those frames seem to all have the same issue, and Im expecting it to happen on this new frame at some point again. That chainstay is badly designed and doesnt cater too well with the lateral movement from the pivot near the cranks. Seems like that whole area is just waiting to crack.

What size bike are you looking for?

Not really looking for a bike just a way to get the Scott warranty and replacement part sorted out quicker.

That said, I ride a medium size Scott Spark.