Research on LCHF and High Carb / Low Fat Cyclists

The LCHF diet is being put to the test in the lab and compared to the low fat high carb diet.

UCT is conducting research into how blood glucose is maintained during exercise in cyclists who eat very low carbohydrate diets. We are looking for male cyclists who eat on either extreme: low carb high fat (LCHF) or high carb low fat. If you eat this way and are interested in participating in research please go to the following link for more details: http://essm.uct.ac.z...rcise/#more-349

The testing takes place in Cape Town and feedback will be given on all tests done. Examples of feedback include (but not limited to) VO2max, peak power, fat and carbohydrate oxidation rate, glucose tolerance and glucose production rate at the liver and kidneys.

Please spread the word if you know of anyone who might be interested.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by Droewors Cyclist

Interesting

My own experience low carb spruit ride could not keep bike on single track, but i know there are the die harders who persevered and got it to work

There is a very good thread that is currently running on The Hub that will certainly respond to you. Please have a look at it and advertise yourself there. Also, I have no doubt that your results of the tests would be really, really appreciated if you shared those results with us.

Edited by Mikesa9

• 5 months later...