Thorns in tubeless tyre.

Tubeless

I rode a whole race with a big fever tree thorn in my front tyre. Rather disconcerting but no problem. When I pulled it out at the end I had major problems stopping the leak.

thorns are like knife blades, and with a stabbing, pulling the knife out without the proper tools around results in a loss of blood. Same with sealant. I try and break it off, or just leave it there and let the rolling break it off.

Fact is, the hole is smaller, plugged by the thorn, and less air pressure and sealant is lost in the process. Simple knifing 101 folks :P

Edited by Capricorn

Leave them. If I had to pull out every thorn and duwweltjie after every ride... eish! Lots of duwweltjies between the maize fields and in the veld.

On the ride i leave them in, once i'm finished i remove them and if lots of bleeding top up. I wont have time during a ride to remove every single thorn from my tire if i need to fit a tube.

thorns are like knife blades, and with a stabbing, pulling the knife out without the proper tools around results in a loss of blood. Same with sealant. I try and break it off, or just leave it there and let the rolling break it off.

Fact is, the hole is smaller, plugged by the thorn, and less air pressure and sealant is lost in the process. Simple knifing 101 folks :P

spoken like a true Capie!! :clap: