[Event] Bay City Cycle Tour

DMC007

Event Name: Bay City Cycle Tour

When: 23 February 2014

Where: Herzlia School, Kendal Road Constantia, Western Cape

Category: Road

Both routes start at Herzlia Constantia (Old Kendal Road), and head out along Spaanschemat road. Turn right to tackle the climb over Ou Kaapse Weg (note: Route cut-off: All riders who have not yet started the climb up Ou Kaapse Weg by 08h30 cannot continue with the route and will have to return to the venue). Continue to Sun Valley intersection.

The long route turns right towards Kommetjie and participants will pedal through Kommetjie and up the Slangkop climb to follow the road around to Cape Point, coming back via Simon’s Town, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay. At Kalk Bay, turn left onto Boyes Drive. Turn left onto Westlake Drive and continue to Steenberg road, passing Ou Kaapse Weg and returning via Spaanschemat road to finish in the Ladies Mile extension. There is a neutral zone back to the venue. The 49 km proceeds straight over Black Hill to merge with the long route at Glen Cairn.

DISTANCES 84 km; 49 km

STARTING TIME 84 km @ 06h00; 49 km @ 07h15

VENUE Herzlia School, Old Kendal Road, Constantia

ENQUIRIES Milton Gerdis

PHONE 082 333 3379

PRIZE GIVING/CUT-OFF 11h30

ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE 20 February 2014

Go to Event Page

Edited by DMC007

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last event before the World Champs Funride!! 20 Days away....

Many will choose not to do this event for safety reason based on the Rollercoaster. I'm in 2 minds also!

post-3512-0-80324400-1392626961_thumb.png

Many will choose not to do this event for safety reason based on the Rollercoaster. I'm in 2 minds also!

I would dare say that the traffic is more of an issue if you start in the middle / late bunches. You got to respect the weekend warriors at the back, if its not the heat then its the traffic/bad marshals that conspires against them. Respect!

I won't be doing this ride...time for a good rest before Argus after what has been a very busy past few weeks. Maybe I'll come out and support though...

I think the fact that we are starting a half an hour earlier and that there is no league groups will help ease the traffic problems.

Edited by StoneW

I won't be doing this ride...time for a good rest before Argus after what has been a very busy past few weeks. Maybe I'll come out and support though...

Come Luc, you can rest plenty the week before the Argus.

I did mail the orgs of this race (not the same people of the Rollercoaster) and informed them about the problems the Rollercoaster encountered.

They replied that they are aware of the challenges, and are making work of preventing a repeat.

Let's see what happens.

Doesn't mean much, as the route is totaly different this year.

Just saying.

Yes for sure. But just to give an indication of +/- times.

2:04 - 88km Rollercoaster 2012

2:18 - Rollercoaster 2014

2:07 - 84km Bay City 2012

Edited by DMC007

I've entered; don't see how it can be any less safe than doing a training ride by yourself/with friends. :)

It's a pity the route is pretty much the same as the Rollercoaster.

Anyway, less complaining; more riding!

Entered. It's going to be our last serious weekend training ride before A-day! Hope the troops will be ready. Lovely route, but as said above, I hope the marshalling will be good, or it could be another hairy one for the later groups. I'll keep a hawks eye over my youngsters, that's for sure.