Slicks for 29er

dannygirl

At the risk of opening the whole why-would-any-MTB'er-even-consider-putting-on-slicks debate again, I'd like to get some advice on where in Cape Town to get some el cheapo slicks for my 29'er? Specifics would be appreciated ('just put on any road tyre, it should fit, get it at your LBS' all too vague for me...)

Have just entered the Argus as an afterthought (have done it numerous times on my 26'er with slicks), but am not going to be doing it in knobbies...

At the risk of opening the whole why-would-any-MTB'er-even-consider-putting-on-slicks debate again, I'd like to get some advice on where in Cape Town to get some el cheapo slicks for my 29'er? Specifics would be appreciated ('just put on any road tyre, it should fit, get it at your LBS' all too vague for me...)

Have just entered the Argus as an afterthought (have done it numerous times on my 26'er with slicks), but am not going to be doing it in knobbies...

These will work well

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/continental-sport-contact-tyre?quicktabs_1=1#quicktabs-1

Which size? I need for 29r too.

Continental Sport Contact 700x32C

Continental Sport Contact 700x37C

Thanks

32C should be fine unless you like something wider then go for the 37C

Which size? I need for 29r too.

Continental Sport Contact 700x32C

Continental Sport Contact 700x37C

Thanks

Both will fit on the 29er, 37C (1.45-1.5") is obviously wider than 32C (1.25")

If it was me I'd go for 37C (looks less ridiculous on an MTB)

Bought the 42C for my dad last year, he's got them on his Cyclocross. He reckons it makes it nice and comfy

Thanks guys - appreciated! If anybody knows of an even cheaper option, I'd be happy to listen - I'll probably only wear them for the Argus, and have still got two sets of 26" slicks sitting about at home...

If anybody knows of an even cheaper option,

Any road tyre wider than 28mm should work but cheap means you could battle with punctures.

got the 37C's on our 29er mountain bike tandem. It should make a good commuter tyre after the Argus for me. There is always a reason to buy another wheelset ;)

Bought slicks at the Cycle Expo last year. Was R100 a pop for 26ers. They worked well and did what they needed to do for that day.

Intend to do the same for my 29ers this year. Tubes with slime or Stan's should deal with the punctures.