THANKS GUYS!!!

FootballingCyclist

Afternoon Hubbers,

So just over a month ago, I put an Ad under the heading “Looking to Help out”. Basically in short for those who didn’t see it, I met this 1 guy on the road on the weekends and he started cycling with our group. He rode an OLD mountain bike which looked like it would fall apart at any moment!!

So I took the initiative to ask hubbers and fellow cyclists to help out where they could. I must say a huge Thank You to Stephen from Sportsworld.co.za who donated the wheels and a few kits and smaller odds and ends(waterbottles, lights, gloves etc) aswell as a gentleman who uses the hub name MCDreyer for the Helmet and Brand new kits!! Also to all my team mates who all chipped in here and there for another kit and for the Dura-ace cassette and Specialized shoes and new pedals..

Last night we made an arrangement with the lady he lives with to go and drop off the stuff and when he came out, with his wife and daughter, the tears started rolling down his and his wifes faces!!

It was the most humbling experience for me ever and the permanent smile on Aarons face last night for the whole hour or 2 that we were there was priceless!!!

So just once again, Thank You guys who helped out and even those who didn’t but wished you could have, the thought alone was enough for this man…

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask…

Kind Regards

Rory

*I shall attach more pics once they are all mailed to me*

post-35357-0-92635600-1393326622_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-41431600-1393327570_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-35896600-1393327588_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to support Sportsworld for their contributions made.

Thanks Stephan as you always seem to help where you can!

Afternoon Hubbers,

So just over a month ago, I put an Ad under the heading “Looking to Help out”. Basically in short for those who didn’t see it, I met this 1 guy on the road on the weekends and he started cycling with our group. He rode an OLD mountain bike which looked like it would fall apart at any moment!!

So I took the initiative to ask hubbers and fellow cyclists to help out where they could. I must say a huge Thank You to Stephen from Sportsworld.co.za who donated the wheels and a few kits and smaller odds and ends(waterbottles, lights, gloves etc) aswell as a gentleman who uses the hub name MCDreyer for the Helmet and Brand new kits!! Also to all my team mates who all chipped in here and there for another kit and for the Dura-ace cassette and Specialized shoes and new pedals..

Last night we made an arrangement with the lady he lives with to go and drop off the stuff and when he came out, with his wife and daughter, the tears started rolling down his and his wifes faces!!

It was the most humbling experience for me ever and the permanent smile on Aarons face last night for the whole hour or 2 that we were there was priceless!!!

So just once again, Thank You guys who helped out and even those who didn’t but wished you could have, the thought alone was enough for this man…

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask…

Kind Regards

Rory

*I shall attach more pics once they are all mailed to me*

Thank you for sharing, i've had a crap day of note and this just made me feel a whole lot better (i should have visited thehub earlier)

Kudos to you and all involved

We need to support Sportsworld for their contributions made.

Thanks Stephan as you always seem to help where you can!

I've only had one experience with Sportsworld - I bought some kit but didn't know which size would fit, so they sent me the range and told me to just send back what I didn't use. Ended up that between my mates and I we kept (and paid for) the lot.

Big up to both Rory and Sportsworld (and all other contributors)! :thumbup:

Archived