Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Hayley we have cleared SP3 (rough-cut) but rideable for a test this weekend. We have also planned a stunning new variation to the upper section of SP2, but that will be the surprise for the event on the 29th.

It seems I'll be dragging myself up that hill at least twice then tomorrow morning. We plan to be there early (are you open at 6-6:30?)

We will charge gopros tonight. I'm keen to get a full run of SP1 on film.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems I'll be dragging myself up that hill at least twice then tomorrow morning. We plan to be there early (are you open at 6-6:30?)

We will charge gopros tonight. I'm keen to get a full run of SP1 on film.

Open 6h00 - 13h00

Great work and planing done on the 3 stages this weekend. Still loads to do but very manageable. Thanks also to the new visitors who gave us valuable feedback. Much appreciated. 

Great work and planing done on the 3 stages this weekend. Still loads to do but very manageable. Thanks also to the new visitors who gave us valuable feedback. Much appreciated.

SP1 is great, the rocks are a bit hectic in some places but on the whole its a really fun stage, my arms were toast half way down.

If you can get SP2/3 to ride like SP1 you will have 3 fun #Enduro trails.

Keen to come see what changes you guys make.

SP1 is great, the rocks are a bit hectic in some places but on the whole its a really fun stage, my arms were toast half way down.If you can get SP2/3 to ride like SP1 you will have 3 fun #Enduro trails.Keen to come see what changes you guys make.

Repeat the ride next weekend. You may see a few sweet changes to SP2 and less loose rock on SP3. :whistling:

A full run on SP1 without a rest at some point is taxing but rewarding!

Repeat the ride next weekend. You may see a few sweet changes to SP2 and less loose rock on SP3. :whistling:

A full run on SP1 without a rest at some point is taxing but rewarding!

I see 2 woman are faster than you on the loose rocky SP3 :P  .....(Or was that slick and not Maureen). I kinda liked that 'living on the edge feeling' of SP3 where one just know 'that could have gone VERY bad'. I think the trick was to go fast(ish) and not slow down for every rock, it would throw one of course quickly.

I was so bumbed when I got home on Saturday and wanted to watch the footage I took of all 3 stages...So I connected to my gopro just to find something must have gone wrong and non of the vids where there of that day -_-  :(

If you do all the stages one after another from the sign-in point then it is about 20km of hard riding/pushing. I dont want to know how one will feel after racing conditions/speed.

Thanks guys (and Johan) for putting these trails together!

SP1 is great, the rocks are a bit hectic in some places but on the whole its a really fun stage, my arms were toast half way down.If you can get SP2/3 to ride like SP1 you will have 3 fun #Enduro trails.Keen to come see what changes you guys make.

Ja, we rode SP3 yesterday and it still needs a lot of clearing. Will be nicely prepared in a few weeks time with no marbles, golf or cricket balls sized rocks under tyre. It going to be fast... Was surprised it was over 2kms down. Fast race run around the 6 - 7 minutes?

SP2 we cleaned up most of the corners and added a nice berm and a suprise feature down the zigzag section. But the new top section is going to be sublime. Johan's guys are going to hit it hard in the next week. It will be fast and flowing but more importantly will add minutes to the run. :thumbup:

You almost have to pace yourself on SP1. Try and save energy through the tech rocky stuff in the first half so you can enjoy and carry speed through the features at the bottom. Still a couple of B lines to finish off and adjust the berm at the bottom of the wall drop.

I see 2 woman are faster than you on the loose rocky SP3 :P .....(Or was that slick and not Maureen). I kinda liked that 'living on the edge feeling' of SP3 where one just know 'that could have gone VERY bad'. I think the trick was to go fast(ish) and not slow down for every rock, it would throw one of course quickly.

I was so bumbed when I got home on Saturday and wanted to watch the footage I took of all 3 stages...So I connected to my gopro just to find something must have gone wrong and non of the vids where there of that day -_- :(

If you do all the stages one after another from the sign-in point then it is about 20km of hard riding/pushing. I dont want to know how one will feel after racing conditions/speed.

Thanks guys (and Johan) for putting these trails together!

My Strava didn't work. But we waited for a couple of minutes at the fallen tree so should be much quicker on race day.

Maureen still getting used to her flats so didn't quite pin it as well as she could.

Is anyone planning on riding hakahana this weekend? If so, which day?

I would like to hit the enduro lines but would like to follow people that know whete they are going.

Is anyone planning on riding hakahana this weekend? If so, which day?

I would like to hit the enduro lines but would like to follow people that know whete they are going.

It are a possibility. I'm sure some of us will be out there. The place is becoming like Karkloof but with rocks ;)

Watch this thread for details.

My Strava didn't work. But we waited for a couple of minutes at the fallen tree so should be much quicker on race day.

Maureen still getting used to her flats so didn't quite pin it as well as she could.

So it was Maureen riding?

So it was Maureen riding?

Yes, but going slowly on her flats.

We cheated by shuttling out of the valley but our excuse is that we had to save time and energy to work on the trails. :D

Yes, but going slowly on her flats.

We cheated by shuttling out of the valley but our excuse is that we had to save time and energy to work on the trails. :D

Well her 'slow on flats' is then still better than Mr. NoFearNoFun....great going Mrs. Slick  :thumbup:

:P (just teasing Leslie) 

Archived