Lesotho All Mountain Weekend

nigelhicks

Well the Hubs Nicko DaveD and myself hooked up with a couple of mates and Detour Trails on the long weekend and ended up smashing some All Mountain rides.

We had 2 prados and a HUGE Trailer and did Shuttle-assisted runs off some of the MASSIVE mountains around Mohotlong.

Trails were on average 7km long with 700m vertical elevation drop.

Was an amazing weekend

If anyone is keen for something similar to Omegamans Europe trips, but dont have 15k handy - contact Detour and Rohan may be able to organise something for you.

We only had to ride/hike 200m elevation gain each time for a run of 700m descent ... well worth it.

Here are some pics from the weekend that I pinched from some of the okes facebook profiles

post-16861-0-60650100-1395647993_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-96732600-1395647994_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-76214400-1395647997_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-61444600-1395648000_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-34681700-1395648009_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-25082800-1395648030_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-51105100-1395648033_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-15448600-1395648035_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-92138300-1395648038_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-58199500-1395648042_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally natural cattle tracks ... not one bit of grooming

Ok so there were the odd rock section that was like unrideable and you had to portage over - but on a whole 99% of the trails were rideable if you have some skill.

Guest Omega Man

Ok so there were the odd rock section that was like unrideable and you had to portage over - but on a whole 99% of the trails were rideable if you have some skill.

Is it an organized thing or ghetto? Looks amazing

Is it an organized thing or ghetto? Looks amazing

Define organised? Its as organised as your trip to Europe will be ...

you contact Rohan at Detour Trails http://www.detourtrails.co.za/ - say you want to go and do a tour and he organises it - you pay - and you go.

Trials are just there - theres no timing etc. so its not a race - just a ride.

But also he can cater to the type of riding you want to do - if you want to climb lots he can do that - if you are a noobie he can do that too - or if you are like us and want hectic stuff he can also do that ...

Although to be fair this was the first trip he has done like this with shuttle-assisted trail riding.

I approached him with the idea and he was keen so we set it up - I found the trails we wanted to try and ride that would be easy to access by vehicle uplift and off we went

3 days of riding down some insane trails

I will do some edits of our go-pro footage and put it up

Guest Omega Man

I will always regret taking passengers instead of my bikes when I went through Lesotho a few years back....!

Looks like you had a great time.

Guest Omega Man

Define organised? Its as organised as your trip to Europe will be ...

you contact Rohan at Detour Trails http://www.detourtrails.co.za/ - say you want to go and do a tour and he organises it - you pay - and you go.

Trials are just there - theres no timing etc. so its not a race - just a ride.

But also he can cater to the type of riding you want to do - if you want to climb lots he can do that - if you are a noobie he can do that too - or if you are like us and want hectic stuff he can also do that ...

Although to be fair this was the first trip he has done like this with shuttle-assisted trail riding.

I approached him with the idea and he was keen so we set it up - I found the trails we wanted to try and ride that would be easy to access by vehicle uplift and off we went

3 days of riding down some insane trails

I will do some edits of our go-pro footage and put it up

Awesome! I deff think there's a market for it. Well done.

Shweeeet!!! Well done guys! I would like to do that it the near future. I am defs gonna give them a call!

Archived