SRAM XO 42T 120BCD replacement

Griffin

Need to replace the 42T chain ring on a 2 x 10 SRAM XO setup but am battling to find a smaller chainring. Majority I can find are 104 BCD and obviously that wont work. I would have liked to put on a 36T or even a 38T but just cant seem to find anything in 120BCD.

I did see that Wolf makes a 36T 120 BCD but not sure if this is compatible with 2 x 10? And...Evobikes is out of stock anyway :(

The other (expensive!) option is to replace the whole setup and go with a new 104BCD spider/crank/chainrings...but this is a last resort and I would prefer not to do this.

Any suggestions on an alternative?

Hi, I recently bought a Sram 39T 120 bcd chainring from Nancyvdw for R550. PM her maybe she can help you.

Hey Lapa and PeterF...thanks for the info/lead

39T is still a bit big. The bike is my daughters and she races XCO...using a big ring like a 39T at places like Cascades is just not working out well lol! Thats why I was hoping to source a 36T

You are going to battle to get 120bcd with 38 and lower. I tried.

Also, remember that some of the Front Derailleurs are very specific. I had to change derailleurs when I went from 36 to 39. :thumbdown:

Need to replace the 42T chain ring on a 2 x 10 SRAM XO setup but am battling to find a smaller chainring. Majority I can find are 104 BCD and obviously that wont work. I would have liked to put on a 36T or even a 38T but just cant seem to find anything in 120BCD.

I did see that Wolf makes a 36T 120 BCD but not sure if this is compatible with 2 x 10? And...Evobikes is out of stock anyway :(

The other (expensive!) option is to replace the whole setup and go with a new 104BCD spider/crank/chainrings...but this is a last resort and I would prefer not to do this.

Any suggestions on an alternative?

120BCD Wolf will be in stock towards end of next week...

Hey Naas...thanks.

Is it compatible with 2 x 10 setup (ie chain pickups?)

And...if fitted...would it require a different FD?