Funnel for Bleeding Shimano Disc Brakes

Morwa

Hubbers,

Where can I buy a Shimano Bleed Kit (M575) in SA to bleed my disc brakes? It's one of those yellow funnels that you screw into the brake lever as per all the YouTube video's.

I've searched all the popular online stores in SA.....nothing.

Or any "home made" alternatives that work?

I made a bleed kit for my xt brakes.

Bottle of mineral oil, empty bottle with screw on spout from plastic land, like a vinegar dispensing bottle, length of fish tank air hose. Clear plastic pipe to fit over bleed nipple and also fit over pour spout. Pour some oil into bottle and use a small dispensing bottle or syringe to add oil to reservoir. I used a hair colour dispensing bottle the fragrant one had lying about. Worked like a charm and cost about 10 bucks excluding mineral oil which a mate donated.

I use normal plastic syringes that you can get at any pharmacy. Worked perfect. One for the chamber on the lever, and one for injecting at the caliper.

Ask your LBS to order you one from Coolheat. It won't be cheap for the kit +-R600.

But you can just get this about R100 "Shimano Bleed Kit M575"

post-40232-0-93872100-1396964343_thumb.png

Edited by Spoke101

Or you could just do this and save your money.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/972/bleed01.jpg

I use normal plastic syringes that you can get at any pharmacy. Worked perfect. One for the chamber on the lever, and one for injecting at the caliper.

Achtung achtung!!!!!!

The latest model Shimano brakes bleed top to bottom. Sometimes you blow the lever chamber seal if you inject into the caliper.

Interesting. Mine is exactly like that on the photo. So, if you now do the reverse, is the hole on the reservoir somewhere else but the top?

Edit: Argh, silly me, don't worry.

Edited by Moridin

Interesting. Mine is exactly like that on the photo. So, if you now do the reverse, is the hole on the reservoir somewhere else but the top?

Edit: Argh, silly me, don't worry.

Fit funnel, fill funnel with mineral oil, fit waste tube to caliper, loosen bleed nipple and let the oil run until clear. Bleeding done :-)

Fit funnel, fill funnel with mineral oil, fit waste tube to caliper, loosen bleed nipple and let the oil run until clear. Bleeding done :-)

TX Eldron. Sounds simple enough. So if I do the opposite as per numerous YouTube videos (Press oil via syringe through caliper bleed port to lever reservoir) (basically bottom to top), will I damage my brakes?

Edited by Morwa