New DH course in Tzaneen / Limpopo

remfactor

After 8 to 9 months of hard (mainly week-end) work, we completed the project that started last year. It took a while as we were only 2 people working on it except when we had occasional overseas visitors that gave us a welcomed hand. It should be a good 3 to 4 minutes long.post-30907-0-72724600-1399303291_thumb.jpgpost-30907-0-89103700-1399303304_thumb.jpg Anyway, considering the terrain we had to work with, the average speed is not very high, but we tried to keep it flowing and busy with a lot of obstacles along the way. We use DH bikes but realised that a 150 to 170 trail/enduro bike would be more suited to the course (to be verified). It can be enjoyed with almost any kind of bike as we build B and even C lines around the main jumps, drops etc...

Anybody coming this way is welcomed to come and try it out!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After 8 to 9 months of hard (mainly week-end) work, we completed the project that started last year. It took a while as we were only 2 people working on it except when we had occasional overseas visitors that gave us a welcomed hand. It should be a good 3 to 4 minutes long.post-30907-0-72724600-1399303291_thumb.jpgpost-30907-0-89103700-1399303304_thumb.jpg Anyway, considering the terrain we had to work with, the average speed is not very high, but we tried to keep it flowing and busy with a lot of obstacles along the way. We use DH bikes but realised that a 150 to 170 trail/enduro bike would be more suited to the course (to be verified). It can be enjoyed with almost any kind of bike as we build B and even C lines around the main jumps, drops etc...

Anybody coming this way is welcomed to come and try it out!!!!

Geez, fantastic work, guys. I'd love to come out there on a road trip sometime. Let us know when you're planning a work/ride weekend and maybe some of us can join you and earn our time on the track.

We are actually coming to Magoebaskloof/Tzaneen this weekend. We all have normal endurance bikes with 100mm travel.

Will I break my bike if I attempt crazy stuff like this?

Are there any other trails in the area you could suggest? :)

Geez, fantastic work, guys. I'd love to come out there on a road trip sometime. Let us know when you're planning a work/ride weekend and maybe some of us can join you and earn our time on the track.

That is exactly what we were waiting to hear from the locals but nothing came about......

The course is ready, we will probably still make minor changes as we ride it more but no major work needed for now. We just want to have more people riding it ...... the locals are more into their marathon riding.... :thumbdown:

We are actually coming to Magoebaskloof/Tzaneen this weekend. We all have normal endurance bikes with 100mm travel.

Will I break my bike if I attempt crazy stuff like this?

Are there any other trails in the area you could suggest? :)

Like I said on the original post, there are alternate lines on all the main obstacles (they are really not life threatening anyway) so you can ride it with a 100mm bike no problem. Just make sure you do a bit of walk on it to know where you are going!

Looking really sick dude. Love the attention to detail. Coming up that way at some point this year. Will make sure to bring a sled with.

Well done! The whole tzaneen magoebaskloof area has astonishing potential for gravity orientated riding.

Big kudos guys!

Now strap a go pro to your lid and give us a proper show.

Next I'm up your turf, I'm coming for a fall.

Archived