Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I thought we are racing today. I have not figured out how to set up a race (yet). Tuesdays are great. Can do most Thursdays too. WE   HAVE   TOO  KEEP  GOING  THROUGH  WINTER!!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Kona Queen K route last night...2 dripping towels and 1h14min later!

That Cyclops makes me work! Amazing what difference it makes chasing a "Me" marker on the screen...go figure...

I had to buy a new membership earlier this week. Think it is rather expensive now. Paid something like R860 for the next 6 months. Don't get me wrong, it is a great training tool but R100plus per month gets steap later. Without the membership the powerbeam is actually useless. You need to be online and subscribed to do anything on it (not only racing and riding routes)

I had to buy a new membership earlier this week. Think it is rather expensive now. Paid something like R860 for the next 6 months. Don't get me wrong, it is a great training tool but R100plus per month gets steap later. Without the membership the powerbeam is actually useless. You need to be online and subscribed to do anything on it (not only racing and riding routes)

:eek:  :eek: i thought i paid like R30 p/month,,,,,that sounds steep :wacko:

I use mine plenty without going online or a subscription, you need to have a bike computer that can talk to the resistance unit. I use the cycleops joule gps computer which allows you to adjust resistance via watts or slope.

Its only $50  http://www.cycleops.com/product/joule-computer

Perhaps there are other computers that will do the same...?

Yip, the value is definitely with the online features. You can use the "free ride" bit, but not the same.

Not sure if other platforms are any cheaper.

I use mine plenty without going online or a subscription, you need to have a bike computer that can talk to the resistance unit. I use the cycleops joule gps computer which allows you to adjust resistance via watts or slope.

Its only $50  http://www.cycleops.com/product/joule-computer

Perhaps there are other computers that will do the same...?

Cool thanx! Will see if any other computer is compatible

newer used mine with a membership/online only with the joule gps as the control unit,you can pre program your sessions or control it on the fly ie. slope , power or set watts

Race today @ 18:15 if you're keen to join

Damn. Missed that. I usually just make 19:00. See ya all Tuesday

:eek:  :eek: i thought i paid like R30 p/month,,,,,that sounds steep :wacko:

Are you back up and running yet? I just missed 4 days of training for absolutely no reason. I just didn't feel like it. That hasn't happened for a long time...

My post nasal went down to my chest over night. One of the delights of having asthma is everything ends up with chest infection. I'll nurse and try to make it tue