Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

guys do you know, will any Ant+ adapter work between my Powerbeam pro and IPAD. i see there is Wahoo Tacx adapter available at CWC.

this should work yes, i have just come off the phone with them, they have 2 in stock

we have been waiting for over 6 weeks for our stock from the local agents, when we do get they will be around R750

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered Ipad is sitting at 0% at home...and not plugged in...hopefully I can get it charged enough before 7....I should though.

7pm is a lekker time...suicide hour is done. :thumbup:

Why not charge it while riding? I did that yesterday...

Guest Travis.

Can someone point me to where I can get more info on this?

guys do you know, will any Ant+ adapter work between my Powerbeam pro and IPAD. i see there is Wahoo Tacx adapter available at CWC.

I have that exact one it works perfectly.

Can someone point me to where I can get more info on this?

http://virtualtraining.cycleops.com/en/ You will need a trainer that changes resistance. Wahoo Kickr is a good option if you have the budget. Then you will need either a PC or a Tablet. It will either need Bluetooth 4.0 or you will need an ANT+2 adaptor. Honestly a tablet/I-pad with USB 4.0 is easier.

http://virtualtraini...ycleops.com/en/ You will need a trainer that changes resistance. Wahoo Kickr is a good option if you have the budget. Then you will need either a PC or a Tablet. It will either need Bluetooth 4.0 or you will need an ANT+2 adaptor. Honestly a tablet/I-pad with USB 4.0 is easier.

Agree loving my bluetooth trainer...everything just works and keeps working.

Im very blonde when it comes to technology.

What would I need to do this.

I have my bike, garmin edge 500(don't know if this makes a difference), IPAD 2 or Laptop and 32"screen.

I am keen and have been looking around but not really sure whats all needed.

Thanks.

Im very blonde when it comes to technology.

What would I need to do this.

I have my bike, garmin edge 500(don't know if this makes a difference), IPAD 2 or Laptop and 32"screen.

I am keen and have been looking around but not really sure whats all needed.

Thanks.

all the above is great, the Garmin is not needed at all.

if you have a CycleOps trainer (any trainer) and an ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor you can sync this up to your iPad with a Wahoo ANT+ key and join the races, while power may not be 100% accurate it will give you an indicator. otherwise allot of the guys are using the PowerBeam Pro a high end A frame trainer that gives resistance and measures Power from R10 595.00

all the above is great, the Garmin is not needed at all.

if you have a CycleOps trainer (any trainer) and an ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor you can sync this up to your iPad with a Wahoo ANT+ key and join the races, while power may not be 100% accurate it will give you an indicator. otherwise allot of the guys are using the PowerBeam Pro a high end A frame trainer that gives resistance and measures Power from R10 595.00

@DJ84...get the powerbeam pro and buy once.

Guest Travis.

I have a CycleOps Fluid2, with a garmin speed/cadence as well as an ANT+ dongle for PC. Will all of that suffice as a start? I'll download the software tonight and give it a shot.

I have a CycleOps Fluid2, with a garmin speed/cadence as well as an ANT+ dongle for PC. Will all of that suffice as a start? I'll download the software tonight and give it a shot.

Just bear in mind that some online races have constraints like "no speed to power" or "power to speed" trainers.