Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

If you keen to follow a structured training plan then get Trainerroad. I am just adding on cycleops in winter for the online races and the odd virtual route

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you keen to follow a structured training plan then get Trainerroad. I am just adding on cycleops in winter for the online races and the odd virtual route

Jaco have you created a route on Cycleops that you often cycle outside(Training Ride) how does it compare in terms of difficulty or workout/realistic?

Jaco have you created a route on Cycleops that you often cycle outside(Training Ride) how does it compare in terms of difficulty or workout/realistic?

harder for me indoors  

You also have to remember since most trainers cannot simulate downhills you tend to be pedalling more of the time on an online route than the real equivalent. That said... if you are on an IDT why would you want to go downhill.

Haven't done a route in a while...did "Section_One_Strade_Bianche_Gran_Fondo_www_lacorsa_cc" last night. Seems all innocent with a kick at the end... really struggled to hold above 30km/h...sweated like crazy ! Solid hour workout!

IDT definitely harder! good training!!

Edited by Grey Hubs

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still do any races/rides? Just got myself a trainer and trying to decide whether to join cycleops virtual training.

Haven't seen a race posted in a long while...I enjoy VT just for the routes and "Free Ride"!

A few awesome pain cave training workouts as well!

Some believe its too expensive. I enjoy the platform.

I still use it daily - no races but enjoy the routes and workouts. I did a few of the races from international users during their winter and I am sure there will be more use this winter also.

We can start scheduling a weekly race again.

I still use it daily - no races but enjoy the routes and workouts. I did a few of the races from international users during their winter and I am sure there will be more use this winter also.

We can start scheduling a weekly race again.

I'd definitely be keen on a weekly race. What sort of numbers usually ride?

might join this coming winter again

What is the monthly subscriptions nowadays? (PC/ desktop)

Back in the day I even won a few races here... :P  :D