Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

So is that all I need?

I don't need any funny dongels

I can just download the app onto my ipad, buy the powerbeam and off I go.

Well you may need a blue tooth / Ant HR belt and cadence sensor as well if you choose to see those readings. What I quite like about the online racing is that you can see the other okes stats real time as well.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys creating an online race takes 5 minutes. What is important however is to ensure the rout you choose has been verified/certified and is also indoor trainer ready. This eliminates all "spikes" and insane faulty gradient readings making the route realistic and enjoyable. I rode an uncertified route once and on the downhill it jumped to positive gradients every now and then making it impossible to go fast down hill. See you tonight. Wear sunscreen.

Can't agree more, really the "magic sauce" with virtual training app. The smoothing makes it enjoyable, not erratic.

So is that all I need?

I don't need any funny dongels

I can just download the app onto my ipad, buy the powerbeam and off I go.

yes if you have an iPad 3 and up with BLE 4.0. iPad 2 you will need a Wahoo ANT+ key.

we have both the ANT+ and BLE PowerBeam trainers in stock.

Well you may need a blue tooth / Ant HR belt and cadence sensor as well if you choose to see those readings. What I quite like about the online racing is that you can see the other okes stats real time as well.

Yep like their watts....that is all I am interested in.

PowerBeam BLE comes with a BLE speed/Cadence sensor.

PowerBeam ANT+ comes with a ANT+ speed/cadence sensor, ANT+ HR strap and ANT+ USB stick for PC and some Android Tablets.

PS

@Powertap, how much data would an online race use typically....that is if you don't download the video

PS

@Powertap, how much data would an online race use typically....that is if you don't download the video

budget on 50 - 100MB per 1h using google earth.

Yep like their watts....that is all I am interested in.

But it is fun to see an opponent (hubber friend's) HR go up gradually and then blow up like the Challenger of old. Or to see his cadence drop when you hang him out to dry like a bokkom.

But it is fun to see an opponent (hubber friend's) HR go up gradually and then blow up like the Challenger of old. Or to see his cadence drop when you hang him out to dry like a bokkom.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

o koot....tonight is going to be fun :ph34r:

Ps I am checking you out at the moment....all your previous workouts to get an idea of what power you can maintain for 1 hour.... :ph34r:

Edited by rouxtjie

OK guys, who ever sets the fastest time tonight at 19:00 we will give you a set of PowerTap socks and top.

i exclude my self from the comp haha. :clap: :clap:

What distance/duration do you guys aim for for the races? Will probably be difficult and not practical for loooong races

What distance/duration do you guys aim for for the races? Will probably be difficult and not practical for loooong races

for weekdays 30km is a good effort considering we got kids / jobs / wifes to see to before we can play....So school nights...anything above 30km isn't really an option for me. Unless we do alpe d heuz tomo :eek:

OK guys, who ever sets the fastest time tonight at 19:00 we will give you a set of PowerTap socks and top.

i exclude my self from the comp haha. :clap: :clap:

ooooo its on its on!

time to carbo load....

Good job powertap, love your work :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS...tonight is the night I pop a gel on a indoor trainer... :w00t:

Edited by rouxtjie

@ routjie, so you going to stop at woollies and get a monster and doughnuts on your way home

@ routjie, so you going to stop at woollies and get a monster and doughnuts on your way home

of course my horse...+2 gu's