Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Thanks guys,

will look towards the end of the year.

In the middle of an expensive build project.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha you guys are funny...By the way... diarise Saturday 5 July. I am going to do a 150km mountain stage. 6 hour ride is on the cards. Final prep for Challenge Roth. Rouxtjie relax, I can maintain around 180 watts if all goes well. 28km average. Not fast for you hardcore veterans. But someone has got to make sure you all get in safely...

This is the beginning of something big I feel. Soon there will be league racing! We need a sponsor. How about the local CYCLEOPS guys get involved? Cant wait for tonight. Bar load shedding I will see you at 18h45.

This is the beginning of something big I feel. Soon there will be league racing! We need a sponsor. How about the local CYCLEOPS guys get involved? Cant wait for tonight. Bar load shedding I will see you at 18h45.

thank you for the idea, i am sure we can get something together in this regards, we already have plenty of big plans coming in the next 12 months and if tonight goes well this may well from part of many. :thumbup:

Oh cock!!!

Data ran out midway....FFS. It seems I didn't put the steaming option off and happily riding in google earth mode while data is chomping away at the rate of knots. Got SMS from vodacom about 400mb left....300mb left....100mb left and then lights out.

I asked Dave earlier about this and knew I had about 500mb left on my sim, so 100mb for an hour sounded lekker.

Defnitely in again but will have to wait for the end of the month for data to top up. So for the meantime I might use my wife's contract

Again....Cock!!!

The 25 odd minutes was great humor though. Dave hauled me in like maniac.

Edited by rouxtjie

How many of you guys raced? Did Dave take the honors. Who is the lucky 1 that walks away with top and socks?

How many of you guys raced? Did Dave take the honors. Who is the lucky 1 that walks away with top and socks?

Ya look Dave is moer strong hey....I sat at a power number that I knew I could avg for about an hour(250 odd watts). Dave hauled me in at about 18minutes I think(looked like he avg about 270 watts). Then the blixem played cat and mouse...he halfwheeled me, slowing down just enough so you think you can overtake but fast enough not to. lol :clap:

Anyhow, for next time / or guys that have data limitations like myself, remember the following, I paid the schoolfees. When you download the route toggle the video streaming to download. Then also and this is the important part that I didn't do, before the race starts there is a little icon that looks like a gear cog, click it and also deactivate video streaming there, otherwise it will continue to munch data. Maybe Dave can confirm that is indeed the way to make 100% sure are now using any data except for google earth and plotting.

Overall awesome, had an absolute gas while I was in it. App works like a charm Dave, big kudos to the virtual training team.

Thanks guys for a great race last night, lots of fun.

@ Rouxtjie you had me on the ropes for the first while, clearly you had chance to warm up :whistling:

i think last night proved that the technology is stable (provided data limits don't come into play :oops: ) and fun can be had by all, especially with the Tour coming up, how cool would it be for you and your fellow hubbers to race each other on the same climb as what Froome Dog is doing????

well done to @ frostie19, i will get in contact with you and send off you socks and top.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys for a great race last night, lots of fun.

@ Rouxtjie you had me on the ropes for the first while, clearly you had chance to warm up :whistling:

i think last night proved that the technology is stable (provided data limits don't come into play :oops: ) and fun can be had by all, especially with the Tour coming up, how cool would it be for you and your fellow hubbers to race each other on the same climb as what Froome Dog is doing????

well done to @ frostie19, i will get in contact with you and send off you socks and top.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I started warming up at 5....downed 2 monsters before hand. :ph34r: But power to you meneer...saw your power numbers when I was still on, and it was impressive.

Yea dead right about the tech....very stable and my "puncture" was data related...not a crash of the software. On that though Dave...is there anyway to make 100% you are not streaming video like I did, is my assumption right on my post above?

I didn't realize that although my google earth tab was open, my video tab is still eating data

Ya look Dave is moer strong hey....I sat at a power number that I knew I could avg for about an hour(250 odd watts). Dave hauled me in at about 18minutes I think(looked like he avg about 270 watts). Then the blixem played cat and mouse...he halfwheeled me, slowing down just enough so you think you can overtake but fast enough not to. lol :clap:

Anyhow, for next time / or guys that have data limitations like myself, remember the following, I paid the schoolfees. When you download the route toggle the video streaming to download. Then also and this is the important part that I didn't do, before the race starts there is a little icon that looks like a gear cog, click it and also deactivate video streaming there, otherwise it will continue to munch data. Maybe Dave can confirm that is indeed the way to make 100% sure are now using any data except for google earth and plotting.

Overall awesome, had an absolute gas while I was in it. App works like a charm Dave, big kudos to the virtual training team.

and here's me thinking i pushed you too hard and you popped. or you forgot to take the Gu....... ^_^

this is correct, the default setting however in the app itself is to turn video streaming off. this can be changed while riding, select the little cog button (settings) and then turn Video Streaming off.

here you can also adjust auto pause etc