• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Just whatever you do, make sure the cinema you go to has their sound sorted. 

Mada3400 & I went to see it at Canal Walk. You could hear they hadn't pre-screened it - the audio was TOTALLY out of whack, to the point that we couldn't hear half the dialogue. I was improvising in my head whilst trying desperately to lip-read. It's one HELLUVA move all the same, but just be warned that you need to ensure that the sound is sorted. 

last time I went to the movies was literally about 6 years ago with my daughter.....we surround sound everything in the luxury of my home now....IMO the concept of a movie theatre is dead and this is evident in gimmicky things like 3D movies to try and entice people to come.

The biggest factor to me however is the cost...that leopard leaps out your wallet before you can say WTF!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last time I went to the movies was literally about 6 years ago with my daughter.....we surround sound everything in the luxury of my home now....IMO the concept of a movie theatre is dead and this is evident in gimmicky things like 3D movies to try and entice people to come.

The biggest factor to me however is the cost...that leopard leaps out your wallet before you can say WTF!

One Hundred Percent. 

Even though I only pay R 30 for a movie (thanks, Vitality, Edgars & Clicks) it's still R 100 by the time you factor in popcorn etc. 

But - having said that, some movies I believe should be seen on a big screen. This was one of them... 

I took my sons and a mate of my eldest to movies a few months back (Can't remember what it was but it was 3D) That little outing cost me close to R500 once you factor in the parking, food, glasses and tickets....

One Hundred Percent. 

Even though I only pay R 30 for a movie (thanks, Vitality, Edgars & Clicks) it's still R 100 by the time you factor in popcorn etc. 

But - having said that, some movies I believe should be seen on a big screen. This was one of them... 

I have to agree with you there to a certain degree. Still a bloody rip off though....

Catching up on some upcoming films..

This looks interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5CjKEFb-sM

Yes that is one hellav story about Alan Turing that everyone should know about.  Haven't seen the film, but read a lot about him, the code breaking, Bletchley Park, the Colossus and the whole tragic saga of his personal life. I heard an interview recently with the Norwegian who made the film, sounds like he did great job.  To be honest, I am not going to see it any time soon, the story is just too painful to relive/revisit.

One Hundred Percent. 

ja I dunno..I have never been a cinematic experience movie goer...I enjoy movies more for the movie than the experience of the movie house. That said...the only movie that I can think of recently that I finished watching and though "That would be even better in the cinema" was drive

Lets talk deep, dark & depraved ...?

Rosemary's Baby

In the Realm of the Senses

Last Tango in Paris

Repulson

to name but a few in my collection.

Speaking of rosemary's baby.. that got me thinking about Polanski which got me thinking of Tate and then Charles Manson.. who is getting married to some doff 26 yr old .. WTF

Speaking of rosemary's baby.. that got me thinking about Polanski which got me thinking of Tate and then Charles Manson.. who is getting married to some doff 26 yr old .. WTF

Maybe the same reason (or lack of reason) as all those Muslim teenage girls running away from home to marry those evil ISIS guys in Syria.

Maybe the same reason (or lack of reason) as all those Muslim teenage girls running away from home to marry those evil ISIS guys in Syria.

Don't want to continue derailing this thread [emoji12] but the bride to be said in an interview that he isn't manipulative at all.. well erm chicky he, a 80yr old manage to get you to agree to marrying him..[emoji15]

Watched this movie the other night..pretty cliche and ordinary...but enjoyed it cos that was me in 1990!

who can you spot?

Manchester ... early 90's .... Factory Records ... The Haçienda   ... 24 Hour Party People!

lovve that movie...steve coogan is brilliant

Saw it on Sunday evening. As a pretty big Christopher Nolan fan, and somebody who studied film I must say I was slightly let down (especially because of the hype). I'm not saying it wasn't an epic film in terms of what they pulled off technically (it was technically and visually magnificent), but I really found the characters weak and parts of the story quite weak.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to see a mindblowing film, but don't expect it to be quite as good as the hype suggests.

Ps. This is obviously my own opinion.

I agree with you, visually magnificent and the sound was great (luckily Cape Gate got it right) - yes, you should watch this in the cinema.

Enjoyed most of the movie, happily ignored the obvious plot holes and clunky Hollywood drama moments but the last 15 minutes was just mweh... Movie just not as clever as it think it is. 

Still think its worth a watch but not a classic imo