is it me or is the hub broken?

fanievb

She is broken. There is an issue for sure. I find it just about impossible to write in the edit screen, nor can I paste text written in another editor and transfer it here. It also doe not automatically add the OPs text when replying to posts.

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

I had another user report a similar issue a few days ago and IE compatibility seemed to be the culprit.

If you are using IE please let me know which version so that we can try to replicate the problem and resolve.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am using IE. Have always been, not a new installation. Where do I check the version? Is it stamped under the BB?

Same happens to me sometimes if I go in via Internet Explorer (Vers. 8)

Try Firefox or Google Chrome. Firefox seems fine

There are browsers other that Chrome?

Yes I am using IE. Have always been, not a new installation. Where do I check the version? Is it stamped under the BB?

finally I can teach you something

upper right hand corner there is a button that looks like a cog/gear.

click it, it will display a list of things.

on the list click "about internet explorer" it will show the version.

Glad to be of service

There is a line in the Help menu saying What's new in Internet Explorer 11, if that helps.

Thanks, we'll take a look in IE 11 to see what's causing the problem.

Fanks Faan. I always thought that Gear thing is where I would one day (when I discovered how), store my favourite cycling sites.

It says IE Eleven point a trillion points after the decimal.

It also tells me that my clever IE updates itself. Cool. Take that, Chrome!

Fanks Faan. I always thought that Gear thing is where I would one day (when I discovered how), store my favourite cycling sites.

It says IE Eleven point a trillion points after the decimal.

It also tells me that my clever IE updates itself. Cool. Take that, Chrome!

:clap:

that you do with the little star thingy

Not probs in Chrome, but had a look in an IE browser. The frames are a bit wonky, but pics showing:

post-1604-0-78259500-1403854027_thumb.jpg

Must say last week or so my smileys dont stay open when i click on it... have to show all in seperate page..

There are browsers other that Chrome?

Yeah that blue browser logo you clicked on in 2008 to initiate the downloading of Chrome process.

you in IT?

PS, my problem is resolved.

I restarted my laptop like pe3nguin said and VIOLA

Just another day in the life ;)

Not probs in Chrome, but had a look in an IE browser. The frames are a bit wonky, but pics showing:

IE-screengrab.jpg

That looks like IE7 which is now about 7 years old and even when released was a nightmare for many web developers due to it's "quirks".

If you (anyone) must do IE anything from IE8 and up should be okay. IE 11 better, Chrome, Firefox or Safari even better.

Archived