Cadence Cycling Fourways

Soutie

Have you been to the Cadence in Fourways (on main rd)?

I Have been going to cadence for a while now and when Barry was there i did not go to cadence as the bikes never worked and the friendliness of him was no were to be found....

I have heard that the branch is now under new management so i went through last week and this am and what a turn around it is.

Bikes are like brand new and the new manger is very friendly and over helpful. Individual attention at all times is given to each member doing a session.Nothing i asked and questioned was ever to much and the amount of knowledge he has on power training is beyond me.

WELL DONE CADENCE FOURWAYS

I'm Happy to be back.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wanted to but when you are paying for 2 peeps its just to expensive, rather went to a personal coach

Who is the new Manager ?

The owner of Cadence, Mark, has been there while they found a new coach since Barry left. I liked Barry, he was always friendly to me. The new coach took the class this morning, so not sure if Mark will be there much anymore (as he lives in Durban). I agree that Mark is very good, but the classes have always been designed by Mark and the coaches follow this.

wanted to but when you are paying for 2 peeps its just to expensive, rather went to a personal coach

Paying for two does make it more difficult for sure but also consider the networking and social side when attending classes. Meeting new riders opens up opportunities for you to join new group rides and thus learn from different people. For me Cadence is the best bang for your buck you can get, the training is well structured and there is constant review and development by Mark.

My wife and I go and it has improved my power output by at least 20%. The new manager is Michael and a super guy. Mark does come around but Michael is doing a fantastic job. We will definitely be signing up for another block session.

R2370 for the 12 week block. Training twice a week.

My wife and I go and it has improved my power output by at least 20%. The new manager is Michael and a super guy. Mark does come around but Michael is doing a fantastic job. We will definitely be signing up for another block session.

R2370 for the 12 week block. Training twice a week.

20% over what time....that is a great gain. :thumbup:

The gain has been over my first 10 week block. But more importantly I can feel the improvement on the bike.

The gain has been over my first 10 week block. But more importantly I can feel the improvement on the bike.

I actually meant over what period of time did you increase you avg power...

5 seconds

20 seconds

1minutes

5 minutes

10 minutes

20 minutes

1 hour

20 minutes, when you start with them you go through a 20 minute Base line test, we reran this test over the same duration. The next block will provide a even better indication of the progress.

20 minutes, when you start with them you go through a 20 minute Base line test, we reran this test over the same duration. The next block will provide a even better indication of the progress.

Great stuff...that is a seriaas gain. :thumbup:

Soutie, most grateful you have returned and I am certain you will experience exceptional service levels going forward as well as enjoy using the Samsung tablets on the bikes - give as few days to hook these up. I have a few big plans in the works, not cheap, but worth it if they come together in terms of continuing to add updated science to the training to the benefit of your performance gains.

Both Michael and Jean are very knowledgeable and capable, so you should get answers to just about anything you ask. You are also welcome to drop questions to my mailbox, info@cadencecycling.co.za

Rob, I plan to drive up and visit the branch once a month to coach sessions and see everyone again. It was a great learning experience this past 5 weeks being there and it was good to see so many people coming in to do extra low-moderate intensity sessions in between their 2 HIT sessions.

Anthony, considering your initial test result was decent, your gain is exceptional, well done. Keep adding in the extra low-moderate intensity hours - those are key to your further improvement. You can't expect 20% every 10-weeks or you could give up your day job and we would be watching you at next year's TDF.

• 2 weeks later...

popping into cadence today for my test, to start Tuesday, cant wait

What time? I wanna come point and laugh. Eish those are no fun.