Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine too, but it must have been the 'Lite' model as it didn't have the box below it... :lol: Was '76 they bought that... year I was born...

Frustratingly it kept going into my late teens before they replaced it and then took it to the holiday house... Holiday house then got burgled later... They got as far as the front stoep with the TV, and must have decided 'Screw this! This thing weighs a tonne!' and left it there on the stoep!! :lol:

Yip we also had the "light" model.  I was about 3 or 4 years old when we got it.  Still vaguely remember the day we got it.  And also served us till I was 17.  I still remember we moved house and my parents decided after the move it is time to replace the old TV.  On the day the new TV would have been delivered (or collected) I still switched on the old TV to watch the morning cartoon before going to school, the tube blew and that was it for the old Sony.

My wife is cleaning (read throwing) out cupboards.

16 years later and I still fit in my "last day" shirt

6b68ae81d261b739efb7b89952f0f53c.jpg630fd09d707997cc1768e5e0f9f6a566.jpg

Also still got mine and also still fits. I still have my school tracksuit and I don't wear the top because it has the badge and colours on but the pants are just plain teal blue and I still wear them and they still fit. I still have my full colours blazer and I haven't tried it on but am sure it still fits. Matriculated in 2002.

Also still got mine and also still fits. I still have my school tracksuit and I don't wear the top because it has the badge and colours on but the pants are just plain teal blue and I still wear them and they still fit. I still have my full colours blazer and I haven't tried it on but am sure it still fits. Matriculated in 2002.

I can't even fit into my Air Force browns (ok that was dumped prior to comming to Gemany) not because I was too fat (Yes I picked up weight but lost most of it) but because I actually still grew quite a bit well past the age of 18.  I still bought a fance jacket for functions when I started working in IT when I was 22.  Man was I ticked off when a year later I had to dump the jacket as my arms still grew a couple of cm's

Yip we also had the "light" model.  I was about 3 or 4 years old when we got it.  Still vaguely remember the day we got it.  And also served us till I was 17.  I still remember we moved house and my parents decided after the move it is time to replace the old TV.  On the day the new TV would have been delivered (or collected) I still switched on the old TV to watch the morning cartoon before going to school, the tube blew and that was it for the old Sony.

For the last few years, our picture would 'compress' into a narrow horizontal band every now and then. You have to walk up to it and thump it on the top with your fist (and that thing was strong, you could really klap it) and it would come right! :lol:

Then, one day, it happened again and no make how hard we klapped it, it never came right... :(

[Removes hat, plays Taps]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe4TxvUOiw

:P

For the last few years, our picture would 'compress' into a narrow horizontal band every now and then. You have to walk up to it and thump it on the top with your fist (and that thing was strong, you could really klap it) and it would come right! :lol:

Then, one day, it happened again and no make how hard we klapped it, it never came right... :(

Always sad when a long serving piece of family kit passes away.

More sad when it's from ABUSE! 

;-)

La Linea. That guy was hilarious

But your avi has the same dude in it? :ph34r:

sorry - clearly forgot the comic sans. I was trying to be funny seeing as he is my avi

anyone remember these. we had one when I was around 5. can't remember what they were called.

We had one in the UK early 70's - So I was about 10. It had a cupboard for LP's as well.

Not sure if it was classed as a Gramaphone player or not.

Always referred to them as 'radiograms', when I was a lad.

Yes that sounds right too. The radio part was usually huge.

First movie I saw at the drive in was Dirty Harry, must have been late 1970s or early 80s (the movie was made in '71). And some Bud Spencer and Terence Hill thing where they were on an island or something (must have been A Friend is a Treasure). That was at the Merrivale Heights drive in.

Then I remember going to the movies at Ster Kinekor Capital Towers and watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. Gremlins at some stage of the game too. And maybe a Star Wars, although I didn't really get the point of Star Wars and still don't.

Ours was exactly the same! We also rigged up a broom stick pressing into the panel at the back, that also worked.

First movie I saw at the drive in was Dirty Harry, must have been late 1970s or early 80s (the movie was made in '71). And some Bud Spencer and Terence Hill thing where they were on an island or something (must have been A Friend is a Treasure). That was at the Merrivale Heights drive in.

Then I remember going to the movies at Ster Kinekor Capital Towers and watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. Gremlins at some stage of the game too. And maybe a Star Wars, although I didn't really get the point of Star Wars and still don't.

Banana Joe maybe?