Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

Also entered early for the 22km, starting at 08:50.

So ? Get up normal Sunday ride time , and ride there for warm up ?

get on spruit at chilli lane

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone got pics of the floating bridge? I can go check it out this PM but really curious...

post-39877-1412828729,9279.jpg

6.30 in G batch for me, looks like its going to be a long day with some of those other start times. Really looking forward to it.

anyone got pics of the floating bridge? I can go check it out this PM but really curious...

10689980_224305361073413_852445865921643

Rode it yesterday on our regular afternoon spruit ride. As I got to the end, one of the race organizers drove up to check on it. We chatted a bit.

The bridge is VERY stable. As you see people are fishing off it. Last year the Sani lagoon bridge was 3 blocks wide (if I remember correctly). I heard that this year it was 2. 5 blocks not only allows more room for lateral movement, but it's also far more buoyant. So the bridge doesn't bob as you ride along it.

So those who have a floating-bridge-phobia... this one is nice and easy and safe, so give it a go!

07H15 for me but i will be dropping back to start with a mate at 07H30, make it an enjoyable ride

6:45am for me :)

Does anyone know what the parking situation will be like?

Can we park inside the grounds?

10689980_224305361073413_852445865921643

Rode it yesterday on our regular afternoon spruit ride. As I got to the end, one of the race organizers drove up to check on it. We chatted a bit.

The bridge is VERY stable. As you see people are fishing off it. Last year the Sani lagoon bridge was 3 blocks wide (if I remember correctly). I heard that this year it was 2. 5 blocks not only allows more room for lateral movement, but it's also far more buoyant. So the bridge doesn't bob as you ride along it.

So those who have a floating-bridge-phobia... this one is nice and easy and safe, so give it a go!

Thank that settles the nerves :-)

Well if we have to park far we can just ride with our bikes closer :) me and family are split into 3 diffrent time groups :( gonna have to make new friends on the road :)

Well if we have to park far we can just ride with our bikes closer :) me and family are split into 3 diffrent time groups :( gonna have to make new friends on the road :)

You can always fall back and all family memebers start with the last seeded person

Bliksem, I can't wait for this race, floating bridge and all :-)  Lekker day out with lekker friends, should be awesome...

Archived