Cycling Wynberg/Constantia

CDL

Hi I just moved to Cape Town. Are there any group rides in this area. Be it road or mtb? Not too comfortable riding alone here.

I mostly just ride on my own or meet up with my brother somewhere but I'm keen to join a ride sometime. Have you got an activity card to get onto the mountain? It's worth getting. I am in wynberg area.

No I don't. New here so I don't know too much. How do you go about to get it?

Edited by Spokes2

I am not sure who is aware that a Mountain Biker was attacked by 2 guys this Saturday morning on Spaanschemat Rd near Peddlars on his way to Tokai, this happened at about 5.30am. The 1st guys punched him in the face trying to get him off the bike and the 2nd guy then ran after him, luckily through some quick thinking the cyclist managed to get away relatively unharmed but it could have been a lot worse.

Try and not ride alone if possible in the dark as potential criminals can see us coming a mile away with our lights on.

i live in wynberg. I'm doing a fair bit of riding these days, gearing up for W2W and the DC. Happy to show you around a bit.

Also getting fed up with these attacks on cyclists, making me feel uncomfortable riding alone

Cheers

Jeremy

yes guys let's get something going. 073 509 3020 if anyone is interested in starting to ride together. just drop a sms

So I give up cycle early morning recently..

Fortunately im a still student so I can cycle during days...

Hahaha soon I will buy pepper spray (?) Hahaha

Cool ebs! We have a few guys keen now for riding together. Ebs and I discussed to start of by doing weekends first and from there on we can arrange week rides as well. Guys if your keen please give some suggestions as to where we can start from...routes etc.

Will be doing a ride from Trail and Tar on Saturday if anyone is keen. Will ride out to Cape Point via red hill then back via Simons Town. Over black hill then Noordehoek up into the mountain round the peaks then back to T&T. Time probably around 4.30-5 hours. Plan to be leaving T&T at 8. Anyone welcome. Think it works out to around 100kms.

Is this road/mtb/both.?

Sounded like road, but "up into the mountain round the peaks" has me a little unsure.

Edited by Thomo

I struggle to do midweek rides, mainly due to safety/traffic, would be quite interested in how this is handled. (I work 8 till 5pm. Group night riding?

Leave it for summer when the sun sets after 8pm.

Thats what I normally do Thomo, though with one tonner and pretty much doing every fun ride thats coming up in the next month or so, I need bike time. Guess its spinning at gym again :(