Motorised mountain bike?

worriesnot

Anyone else see the guy on his helpmytrap riding the Spruit this Sunday? I got a moer-of-a-fright when the thing came from the front and then all of a sudden fired up and "brrrrrrrrt" its way past me (bottom of Delta).

Who is that?!?!?!

Looked something like this:

post-51269-0-56025800-1406617861_thumb.jpg

There's one in my area, he scared the bejeezus out of me one Saturday morning as the engine started and he came past, I also got a face full of two stroke smoke.

There's one in my area, he scared the bejeezus out of me one Saturday morning as the engine started and he came past, I also got a face full of two stroke smoke.

hehehehe... they make sense on the road for someone commuting but very weird to see on a trail where others ride for exercise or recreation.

Aaaah, good old 2 stroke smoke........makes me feel young and reckless (again) :D

• 6 months later...

I might need one for the cycle tour...I promise to only use it going up Chappies and Suikerbossie... :whistling: :ph34r:

How does this work as a commuter in terms of legislation? Does it not then qualify as a "motorized bike" and needs to be registered in accordance with AARTO or whatever? Would like to be a fly on the wall when someone gets pulled over by the Metro Porkers and having to explain that it is a bicycle not an isithuthuthu.