Gun carry on bicycle

Fast Forward

The idea of carrying a firearm whilst cycling may be somewhat of a controversial topic, but I would like to know your thoughts on this matter. Having gone through the cycling safety forum I again realised how dangerous it is to actually cycle in the good old RSA. The obvious question is how practical it is given the weight and dimensions of a firearm. Any thoughts?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of carrying a firearm whilst cycling may be somewhat of a controversial topic, but I would like to know your thoughts on this matter. Having gone through the cycling safety forum I again realised how dangerous it is to actually cycle in the good old RSA. The obvious question is how practical it is given the weight and dimensions of a firearm. Any thoughts?

LETS START OFF WITH THAT

ITS THE NEW SA

I gave it a thought, but where do you carry a gun?

THIS IS A S+W 9MM 6 SHOT SLIGHTLY BIGGER THAN A IPHONE AND ITS VERY LIGHT

Maybe I should go to the gun shop and go check their smallest gun.

http://www.midwestenergynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bike-turkey-hunter.jpg

How do you guys decide on what to carry? You never know what you may need out there?

Would you want to have it concealed or visible? Im not sure what the laws are regarding firearms in public but I reckon having it strapped to your leg is pretty practical, close to reach and comes with when you get thrown off the bike. My bigger problem with carrying a gun while cycling (I am a gun nut so saying this is against my beliefs), is that you'll be upping the level of violence of the crime over time. They'll shoot you off the bike instead of bumping/tackling you.

THIS IS A S+W 9MM 6 SHOT SLIGHTLY BIGGER THAN A IPHONE AND ITS VERY LIGHT

One of my collegues belongs to a few gun associations and has more guns than I have bikes.

When I was asking him about self defence with a gun, he says he would not engage in a gun fight without 3 full ammo clips. Being a dummy around guns I would guess this means about 36 rounds.