Cyclist down at Llandudno entrance

Bernard Horn

At 10.30am I drove past the entrance to Llandudno( on my way to Houtbay) and saw road blocked off by about 5 ambulances and fire trucks.A road bike had gone down and there was a lot of glass on the road .Very scary and sad  sight.Bike looked F.....ed.Lots of riders out that way this morning.Hope the rider gets well soon.Be careful out there

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is one of our club DC Riders. City cycling club. Apparently a hit and run accident - waiting for more details but she is in critical condition.

Guy parked it at bottom of Llandudno and he ran away. Atleast they can go wait for him at his house.

It was a woman rider from one of our City Cycling Club DC teams. The driver apparently just turned in front of her group when going into Llandudno taking her out. He apparently just carried on driving (failed to stop), with her bike still stuck on his car for a little way. One of the other club members chased after him and lost him, then found the car parked in close without the driver. Incident has been reported to SAPS. She is in very critical condition in hospital sadly. I'm sure that as our club gets more information on this situation it will be made known. We pray for our fellow rider to recover from her injuries speedily.

It was a woman rider from one of our City Cycling Club DC teams. The driver apparently just turned in front of her group when going into Llandudno taking her out. He apparently just carried on driving (failed to stop), with her bike still stuck on his car for a little way. One of the other club members chased after him and lost him, then found the car parked in close without the driver. Incident has been reported to SAPS. She is in very critical condition in hospital sadly. I'm sure that as our club gets more information on this situation it will be made known. We pray for our fellow rider to recover from her injuries speedily.

As a victim of a hit and run my heart goes out to this Lady. May she make a full recovery. As a club, demand assistance from the SAPD. Hope you find the bastard that fled the accident scene. Bloody low life coward.

This really makes me angry. I hope this driver faces the full force of the law.

Wishing the lady cyclist a full and a speedy recovery.

Quick update: amazingly her leg was not broken at all and neither were any of her ribs. Majority of the damage is in her face and extreme tissue damage all over. She is going into surgery now to repair her jaw etc. Folks are flying down but she has her brother with her. They will bring her round tomorrow probably. Think this has scared half of the DC training team off of the bike. All off City has her in our thoughts and prayers!

Archived