Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

From Facebook - Approximately 60% of entries for the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour has already been sold in the past 6 days!

Seems thehub boikot is not working.... Are you guys entering in secret?  :whistling:

60% is plenty considering the price...take it okes are eating out one evening less this month  :whistling:

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Facebook - Approximately 60% of entries for the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour has already been sold in the past 6 days!

Seems thehub boikot is not working.... Are you guys entering in secret? :whistling:

Ha ha! So true! I log onto Facebook just to laugh at people moaning and boycotting!

Doing a training ride this coming Saturday 08 November of the actual route.

Starting 06h00 at Shopping Complex / Filling Station at foot of Helzhoogte.

Pace will not be too hot. Quite sure people will quickly sort themselves into groups of equal strength.

Everybody is welcome.

Doing a training ride this coming Saturday 08 November of the actual route.

Starting 06h00 at Shopping Complex / Filling Station at foot of Helzhoogte.

Pace will not be too hot. Quite sure people will quickly sort themselves into groups of equal strength.

Everybody is welcome.

I'm in. :thumbup:

Sorry Wannabe, would like to join, but I'm being dragged up hills by my partner on that day. Doing first W2W... 

My "boycott" still stands, don't care about those 60% (or more by now) that has entered... good for them. Was my first ride as well a couple of years ago. Love Old Helz - taking that out along with asking last year's Argus entry fee just didn't do it for me. That and the fact that we had a bakkie riding in our lane, oncoming last year...  :ph34r:

Sorry Wannabe, would like to join, but I'm being dragged up hills by my partner on that day. Doing first W2W... 

My "boycott" still stands, don't care about those 60% (or more by now) that has entered... good for them. Was my first ride as well a couple of years ago. Love Old Helz - taking that out along with asking last year's Argus entry fee just didn't do it for me. That and the fact that we had a bakkie riding in our lane, oncoming last year...  :ph34r:

Agree dude, especially the old Hels part. I personally dont think they are anywhere near 60percent. Marketing mumbo jumbo.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be my first "race" if you can even call it that given my level, but am really excited for it. Do agree that the asking fee seemed a bit high (compared to what else I have seen), but nonetheless hoping to have a great ride.

When will our seedings be out?

Usually the Thursday or Friday the week before the race (ie today & tomorrow).

Might be different this year with entry process opening & closing later than usual

I had a look at the road closures, are they the usual road closures or have they extended them?

Think it was a tweet or on facebook.

I had a look at the road closures, are they the usual road closures or have they extended them?

Think it was a tweet or on facebook.

I got all excited when I saw that but I think it's the usual... Only at the start & end.

Archived