Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

I was top 15 last year and also in % this year. Penalised for not having a PPA membership ;)

Mafia rules..... :whistling:  :eek:  :oops:  :rolleyes:

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first Burger/Stellenbosch cycle tour. The only road race I have done is the Argus. Did that in 3h30 on my Mtb with knobblies. 

Is this race easier or tougher than the Argus? Also what sort of time can I expect to ride +- .. I am starting in 2G at 6h15. (on a road bike & I am definitely fitter than beginning of the year)

Thanks

I think that this is easier than the Argus.  After Hels there's not really any big climbs, just rolling hills.

My first Burger/Stellenbosch cycle tour. The only road race I have done is the Argus. Did that in 3h30 on my Mtb with knobblies. 

Is this race easier or tougher than the Argus? Also what sort of time can I expect to ride +- .. I am starting in 2G at 6h15. (on a road bike & I am definitely fitter than beginning of the year)

Thanks

Was easier for me, done two of both. Burger is flatter and less congestion than Argus. Only negative is that because of the more open landscape headwinds can play bigger role.

Stop worrying, a 3:30 Argus on MTB kit for normal rider is super fast. You can expect a sub 3 with same kit providing everything goes well. Your biggest problem will be negotiating the slower traffic in front of you.

PPA has nothing to do with it. Depends on your results in last 3 months. We have a guy who was in B last year Burger, did well last two events and is starting in $ and not PPA. All seedings which are older than 6 months are penalised as a lot can happen in 12 months. System rewards consistent racing.

Good to know. Without the PPA racing leagues my mojo was lost to "race" the funrides. Remember last year we had a a few very questionalble $ riders.

2B  ^_^ 

Huge improvement for me after my Q start group last year!

See you there!!! Will be gunning it up Hellies to catch a group or two.   ;-)

Also my first burger, starting in 2D and rode a 3:17 argus this year, also done the DC so i would consider myself fit... Will a sub 2:45 or even sub 3 be possible starting out of this group?

Also my first burger, starting in 2D and rode a 3:17 argus this year, also done the DC so i would consider myself fit... Will a sub 2:45 or even sub 3 be possible starting out of this group?

If you doing a 2:45 ill suck your wheel  :drool:  :whistling: ....friend of mine says i should do 2:55(he has faith in my ability....LOL more than I do) so I think you can get sub 3

You'll definitely be able to do a sub-3, for a sub-2:45 you might need a little help  ^_^

Race up Helz as fast as you can to catch a few of the stronger groups and let them pull you!

2C - 6:11 start time

First Burger and I am hoping to do a sub 3 as well.

Legs felt a little moeg y-day after the DC so just gonna do some light rides this week.

If you doing a 2:45 ill suck your wheel  :drool:  :whistling: ....friend of mine says i should do 2:55(he has faith in my ability....LOL more than I do) so I think you can get sub 3

U should do a 2:45  with ease. Just warm up lekka on Hells and save the legs for the last stretch from Klapmuts as you weave through the short route guys. Looks like perfect cycling conditions. Gooi miellies.  

PPA has nothing to do with it. Depends on your results in last 3 months. We have a guy who was in B last year Burger, did well last two events and is starting in $ and not PPA. All seedings which are older than 6 months are penalised as a lot can happen in 12 months. System rewards consistent racing.

Indeed it is all about latest race results. Haven't raced much the past 2 years, did a social Argus last year in just under 5 hours, but the year before was a 3:07. Burger seeding from those gave me a 3K start time at :6:52 I think. Almost fell off my chair when I saw how far my seeding has dropped!

I take comfort in the fact that my seeding may drop but my happiness at sharing cycling with a willing partner is definitely way up!!!!

No worries you're not alone doing a 'longer' ride. (Although I have done a 2:35 Burger before) Riding with the other half and it's her first long race. She'll be chuffed with a 4:30 but we're gonna ride it without the pressure of pushing for a time and see what she ends up with! All as prep for her first Argus errm, Cape Town Cycle Tour next year. Have a lekka ride and maybe see you at the water points hunting for fluids...

See you there J! Aiming for a 3:45. :wacko:

Legs felt a little moeg y-day after the DC so just gonna do some light rides this week.

Went for a spin yesterday, legs were dead. Hoping to get the DC out of my legs before Sunday.

2:45 is my target.

See you there maybe i can wheel suck you for a sub 3 :whistling:

U should do a 2:45  with ease. Just warm up lekka on Hells and save the legs for the last stretch from Klapmuts as you weave through the short route guys. Looks like perfect cycling conditions. Gooi miellies.  

No short route guys, so NO excuses anymore.

Guys, you all seem to have missed the point entirely.  

Starting at 6am ish and doing a three hour ride means that you're back at 9am ish.

The beer tent only opens at 10am....

This is the dilemma that I'm facing. 

:whistling:

Archived