Perfect shock for 650B build??

tunariaan

Hi gents

Im getting a Size small Ritchey frame in by the end of the month.

what will be the ideal fork on this bike?

We do mostly technical riding and lots and lots of single track with roots?

Admin can you please change shock to fork in the heading..

thx

Just edit your original post using the "full editor" option.

I have a 26" Fox Talas which works well and soaks up anything and everything!... plenty of travel as I took the spacer out and have the full 140mm travel

the new blue 650 Richey

maybe too much travel will make it not such a good climber and we love the mountains.

That frame's designed around a 100mm fork, so there's not a heap to choose from really. My first choice would be a Fox 32 Factory FIT RLC if you can find one. If it were me I'd get the 120 and try it there first, and if it choppers the frame out too much then you can just pop a spacer in to drop it to 100mm. The 120 stanchions are also a bit thicker than the 100mm version so you'll get a bit more stiffness - whether it'll actually be noticeable is another story.

X fusion velvet converted to 650( comes as conversion from factory and have one on my Zula..love it) other option is the xfusion Slant more travel 140mm.....great value for money and easily equivalent to my Rebas'