Seedings for the Argus

khm4252

How do they seed one for the Argus (CTCC)?  Do they take your last race you did that was at a seeding event or your best time in the last year? 

How do they seed you for other events like the 94.7 and smaller events like the Fast One etc?

BTW I was thinking of doing the 55kkm Berge en Dale Race on Saturday next week and the 68km Serengeti on Sunday.  Does anyone know roughly what time the half race guys will start? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the massive events like the 947 CC and CTCT they release a list of seeding races they take into consideration. The calculation of your seeding is a very complicated formula including the "popularity" of the race, the amount of pros that take part, your finish time compared to the winning time, and the difficulty rating (Argus is the benchmark).

Smaller races like the Fast One they do not release the list of seeding races. But you can bet your bottom dollar that they take the big races into consideration. Take note too that only RaceTec timed events will be used for the seeding calculation for other RaceTec timed events.

Remember, no chip, no time!!

Lizzy, don't be a tease.

We all know it works with the direction the wind blows at some arbitrary point in time, multiplied by the date of the previous spring tide, divided by blue and there you have it!  I suspect the current tide plays a role as well, darn, I forgot the detail. 

More serious: Dude, if you find out, let the rest of us know. It's one of the great mysteries in life. There used to be seeding races. Last year, suddenly PPA seeding (talk about a mystery) came into play, without any notice and many of us obviously having paid premium to ride actual seeding races. 

The best to do is wait and see, giggle nervously, get on the bike and enjoy the ride. 

95% of the time people are seeded correctly according to your recent performance, just some struggle to accept their seeding. :P

Another question on this. The 2015 argus seeding events registered are all in 2014. Surely they will use the 2015 racetec timed events for the seeding as well? Like The Fast One, Berg n Dale and ride for sight. Does anyone know?

Also note that PPA will only re-calculate the seeding 4 to 6 weeks after the event results are in Racetec.

Argus' seeding (for this year) should be out either this week or next week in any case, so whatever race event one do now this week or 2 weeks after would only counts for future events.

Also note that PPA will only re-calculate the seeding 4 to 6 weeks after the event results are in Racetec.

Argus' seeding (for this year) should be out either this week or next week in any case, so whatever race event one do now this week or 2 weeks after would only counts for future events.

Cut off date for seeding events for Argus is around 9th of Feb. last race you can do is probably 99er. If you in Cape Town. PPA normally reseed the first wed of each month. Unless there is a bug event

Cut off date for seeding events for Argus is around 9th of Feb. last race you can do is probably 99er. If you in Cape Town. PPA normally reseed the first wed of each month. Unless there is a bug event

99er is a seeding event for 2016 CTCT, not supposed to influence 2015 seeds?

99er is a seeding event for 2016 CTCT, not supposed to influence 2015 seeds?

President Zuma was also not supposed to use taxpayers money to build a firepool, if that answers your question...

President Zuma was also not supposed to use taxpayers money to build a firepool, if that answers your question...

Lol.. Okay, maybe I should propose to PPA that I'll write an algorithm to seed riders according to their Strava activity :)

Archived