Article: Albe Geldenhuys of USN

Squier

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for as long as people believe weight loss comes in a bottle, guys like him will make lots of money

I'd be careful with the thread title unless 100% sure the article cant successfully be challenged. Otherwise, it is nearly a year old so why the interest now?

The no. of other articles is quite worrying and i'm not a fan of their products apart from a choc protein bar.

Only saw it this morning for the first time and thought it was quite a bold statement to make. The thread title is the title of the article, not my view or opinion.

I find it interesting that the article is still on-line after almost a year. Wonder whether Albe   & co challenged this at all? It probably would've made more waves had they done so.

we as consumers should be skeptical with our purchases, not only with USN. Im very skeptical of these vitamin tablets that cost R160 and claim to contain everything you need. Very much like I struggle to understand that a copper band on your wrist can do so much wonders. I'm not saying everything is scams out there, I just struggle to understand that all these things can work. Balance diet for me

The truth is almost none of these supplements/energy drinks/recovery shakes have any double blind, published, peer reviewed and reproducible evidence to support any performance benefit any greater than the placebo effect.

It's always amazed me how gullible and susceptible to suggestion otherwise rational people can be: one just needs to look at the proliferation of "alternative medicine" in its many fraudulent guises from homeopathy, acupuncture and chiropractors to reiki healers. Homeopathy is particularly amusing as it requires you suspend all the laws of physics and accept that reducing an active ingredient to parts per million where you would need to consume a lake worth of the substance to ingest a single molecule of active ingredient is somehow more potent than in higher concentrations where you might actually consume something other than water.

"Snake Oil Salesman." The phrase conjures up images of seedy profiteers trying to exploit an unsuspecting public by selling it fake cures. In fact, the Oxford English Dictionary defines snake oil as "a quack remedy or panacea."

http://blog.juststopeatingsomuch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/just-stop-eating-so-much-snake-oil-salesmen.jpeg

(intelligent)people who use these types of products deserve to be scammed. just eat proper food.

Only saw it this morning for the first time and thought it was quite a bold statement to make. The thread title is the title of the article, not my view or opinion.

I find it interesting that the article is still on-line after almost a year. Wonder whether Albe   & co challenged this at all? It probably would've made more waves had they done so.

It was to say that repeating a libel makes one liable. Of course the defence works if what is said is true; i was offering a word of caution.

On homeopathy, my friend forgot to take their homeopathic medicine and died of an overdose.

Guest DieBees

My company did their sales and merchandising a few years back and this guy is ruthless. Treated his staff like poop and us as an outsourced company was also treated the same.

the way the company was run spoke of dictatorship and very little humanity. I wont buy USN because of this.

If you cannot treat people like humans, I would rather just live off pap.

It was to say that repeating a libel makes one liable. Of course the defence works if what is said is true; i was offering a word of caution.

On homeopathy, my friend forgot to take their homeopathic medicine and died of an overdose.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived