Cape Town Cycle Tour (ARGUS) Training rides

Wannabe

I had some requests to arrange a training ride or two before this years Fun Riders World Champs.

Had a look at my race diary, and have the following dates open.

1) Sat 07 Feb 2015

2) Sat 21 Feb 2015

3) Sat 28 Feb 2015

All the other weekends I have a race on (but there is races on on the dates / weekends I noted above, just that I'm not doing them)

So, show of hands, who'll be interested to join, and on what dates. If needed, I might be able to swop one of the Saturdays for a Sunday.

Start at Virgin Active Greenpoint at 06h00. Route not exact Argus route, missing out on the Nelson Mandela Blvd and Blue Route Sections, as they are out of bounds for cyclists. Route we follow will give 118km, not 108km.

Depending on interest, more than one start group can be arranged.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am free to join 21 and 28 Feb and I will drag some of my buddies along again. 

We def need to form more than 1 group as even in my circle of friends we form 2 groups.

I will prob drag 5 or 6 mates along for those training rides.

Which route will we be taking to get to muizenberg from Town?

ja, I need to get going, will almost certainly join in once or twice. (Mowbray pick up)

Avg speed of between 25-28km/h

I reckon we have 2 groups again like we did for the Burger training ride

- nice 30+km/h group

- 25km/h group

And we can all start together and then the slower guys can then decide to form their own group on the road and the brave ones can ride with the stronger group and if they cannot hold on they drop back to the slower group.

Archived