So was this bike sold this morning?

Joebike

So this bike was advertised this morning for R35000,and I see the add was taken off!? Was the bike sold, or did the Nigerians make a run for it?

post-42758-0-98330800-1422779378_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ad was flagged by a user as a suspected scam - and rightly so. 

The price made it obvious and a quick Google search confirmed the suspicions. The phone number was linked to various classified ads on other local sites. All for top breed puppies (a common scam) and using at least 4 different contact names.

Somehow I wish a bunch of hubbers can track a person like this, meet him and explain "politely" that it's not nice to scam hubbers, as it may be hazardous to your health

A personal sting op. went wrong at the Engen on Orange last week .Be careful out there

You can't drop this and not leave details, that's evil.

Guest notmyname

A personal sting op. went wrong at the Engen on Orange last week .Be careful out there

Please give us more information.

Sorry to say but this is just another example of why there needs to be stricter control over who can use the classifieds and how.

It has been discussed to death but a minimum post count would prevent this sort of occurance.

When will something be done about this??

Well done the members for reporting this but at R35K it's not a ridiculously improbable price for an uninformed buyer.

Sorry to say but this is just another example of why there needs to be stricter control over who can use the classifieds and how.

It has been discussed to death but a minimum post count would prevent this sort of occurance.

When will something be done about this??

Well done the members for reporting this but at R35K it's not a ridiculously improbable price for an uninformed buyer.

Been saying that for ages. Everyone on the hub now with more than 50 posts and if you are "approved" by someone who has this "rating" or has a sellers rating. I mean, most guys hear of the hub through a friend or at least knows someone on the trail who can "endorse them". Its a fairly easy idea. If these Scammers get into the classifieds it will ruin the community

Even a 5 post minimum before posting would work. 50 post requirement would kill the classifieds, most people don't have 50 posts, took me a while.

Archived