2015 Cape Town Enduro Races

TAAHIRWP

How's about 2015 Cape Town Enduro events? Anyone know what's the status...

Or what's to be expected, different from 2014?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirtopia Enduro below

WP Enduro still to confirm

Welvenspas was the only dirtopia enduro I missed last year, how was it?

I found that dirtopia enduros was more like trying to hammer rigid trails with minimal features.

I keeping fingers crossed for some better demarked trails, timing was okay I think.

So will it be dirtopia and WPDH again this year? Maybe some more stakeholders though.

Welvenspas was the only dirtopia enduro I missed last year, how was it?

I found that dirtopia enduros was more like trying to hammer rigid trails with minimal features.

I keeping fingers crossed for some better demarked trails, timing was okay I think.

So will it be dirtopia and WPDH again this year? Maybe some more stakeholders though.

Not sure, missed Welvanpas due to injury...heard it was a real blast

It takes all kinds of trails to make up an enduro race, when it comes down to it...a rider who is fast on every type of trail will be the winner. So both fitness and skill need to be high on the agenda for every rider.

No more rumblings just yet of any other stake holders or other events. A good timing system is critical for these type of events, those are expensive to own and tricky to rent. So until that sorts itself out the pool of events/organizers will be limited.

Not sure, missed Welvanpas due to injury...heard it was a real blast

It takes all kinds of trails to make up an enduro race, when it comes down to it...a rider who is fast on every type of trail will be the winner. So both fitness and skill need to be high on the agenda for every rider.

No more rumblings just yet of any other stake holders or other events. A good timing system is critical for these type of events, those are expensive to own and tricky to rent. So until that sorts itself out the pool of events/organizers will be limited.

As far as I understand Meurant rents his Trail Tag system to whom ever is willing to pay.

Frankly I am picking up a strange trend that "mainstream media" has already started to drift away from Enduro as THE format to punt and DH seems to be getting way more love of late in the gravity shares.  Probably because it's easier to televise and more enjoyable to watch.

So seems like by 2016 we'll all just be #ridingourbikeslikealways.

As far as I understand Meurant rents his Trail Tag system to whom ever is willing to pay.

Frankly I am picking up a strange trend that "mainstream media" has already started to drift away from Enduro as THE format to punt and DH seems to be getting way more love of late in the gravity shares.  Probably because it's easier to televise and more enjoyable to watch.

No more ©®#?

Oh well. More time sessioning trails and doing what was always fun. Riding with mates, not caring about time and getting better. 

Good to hear the system is rentable!

#enduro will always be difficult to televise, I wouldn't be surprised if the industry focuses on DH as you say.

As for riding bikes in 2016 ... #ridingourbikessidewayslikealwayswithskidsandwheeliesthrowninforfree ...#hashtag

No more ©®#?

#©® for the win Yo!

How much does he rent it out for?

Maybe we can do our own Enduro

Tokai,

Contermans

Steilte

Gspot

Jonkers

That would be amazing!!! Count me in if this goes down.

That would be amazing!!! Count me in if this goes down.

Tokai would be better once all the logging has been done and all the trails rebuilt. Word on the ground is that they have been instructed to remove all the pine by end 2016. Whether that was a Parks directive, or from Cape Pine's owners, I'm not sure. 

No more rumblings just yet of any other stake holders or other events. A good timing system is critical for these type of events,

For me , getting and keeping fit is the biggest challenge. I think it outweighs skill a tiny bit. Cz one needs to be fit in order to technically exert oneself,. I experienced this at all of my 2014 enduros, unfit or at least that is my excuse for my weak overall standing in the results sheet.

I think the timing affects the top 20 guys or really, I'm normally okay with the timing Cz finishing bottom 1/3 of the table means I have loads of work to do as opposed to worrying about timing.

For me , getting and keeping fit is the biggest challenge. I think it outweighs skill a tiny bit. Cz one needs to be fit in order to technically exert oneself,. I experienced this at all of my 2014 enduros, unfit or at least that is my excuse for my weak overall standing in the results sheet.

I think the timing affects the top 20 guys or really, I'm normally okay with the timing Cz finishing bottom 1/3 of the table means I have loads of work to do as opposed to worrying about timing.

Oh, absolutely. You can have all the skills in the world, but if you're tired and unfit, you aren't going to be able to use them properly. 

I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to at least get up to the top without resembling a set of overblown bagpipes.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to at least get up to the top without resembling a set of overblown bagpipes.

Yeah me too, I still enjoy all the enduros, it is actually the only format I am willing and prepared to race. The mix of skill and fitness is perfect in my opinion.

Yeah me too, I still enjoy all the enduros, it is actually the only format I am willing and prepared to race. The mix of skill and fitness is perfect in my opinion.

Yeah. I would be riding the Enduro in Steilte, but I smashed my play budget on a set of Guides. So it's a no go for me, but I'll be going to watch it with my camera and a mate of mine. 

Steilte enduro, when? The previous one was awesome, climbs was crazy hard, trails was excellent, but I think another stage would have been much appreciated.

Good to hear the system is rentable!

#enduro will always be difficult to televise, I wouldn't be surprised if the industry focuses on DH as you say.

As for riding bikes in 2016 ... #ridingourbikessidewayslikealwayswithskidsandwheeliesthrowninforfree ...#hashtag

#©® for the win Yo!

Must say i haven't noticed this at all. Dirtopia have a full season of Enduro races lined up and WP DH will in due course have the same once their TT is sorted out. In addition they have an enduro class for single crown fork bikes at all DH races and you can get an overall Enduro class medal for points in the DH races as well as their enduros

On the international front, the EWS has grown and is partnered with Pinkbike for media so more videos and such like.

Archived