Interesting announcement is that HD on board cameras will capture the racing from inside the peloton on Sunday.

Riders’ bikes from five teams: Giant-Alpecin, Cannondale-Garmin, Lampre-Merida, Lotto Soudal, Tinkoff-Saxo and Trek Factory Racing, will be fitted with video cameras at the Tour of Flanders.

Can't wait for Sufferfest to produce some epic stuff from that footage!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting announcement is that HD on board cameras will capture the racing from inside the peloton on Sunday.

Riders’ bikes from five teams: Giant-Alpecin, Cannondale-Garmin, Lampre-Merida, Lotto Soudal, Tinkoff-Saxo and Trek Factory Racing, will be fitted with video cameras at the Tour of Flanders.

Can't wait for Sufferfest to produce some epic stuff from that footage!

Awesomeness

Yeah, there is a move towards live transmission coming soon from those cameras.

That'll be awesome.

Saw some footage like this at Worlds Track. It was amazing

Yeah.. and didn't they do some live transmission as well. I remember yes, those that didn't have the live up-links just had the cameras on so that no one had a weight advantage.

It's like the F1 onboard cameras..BUT it will be better.

There are 11 pro teams that came together to form the Velon group.

Pro cycling has been notorious for the fact that teams get zero share of broadcast revenues, etc. They have to rely exclusively on sponsorships, so they've been sucking the hind t~t for too long. Part of the plan with this onboard footage is to sell the rights for the transmission, thereby opening a vital new revenue stream for the teams involved.

It obviously requires permission (and most likely a revenue sharing agreement) with each race organiser as well. Tour of Flanders have come on board for this one, like Tour of Switzerland did last year.

I hope the others like ASO become similarly enlightened and come on board with this initiative.

There are 11 pro teams that came together to form the Velon group.

Pro cycling has been notorious for the fact that teams get zero share of broadcast revenues, etc. They have to rely exclusively on sponsorships, so they've been sucking the hind t~t for too long. Part of the plan with this onboard footage is to sell the rights for the transmission, thereby opening a vital new revenue stream for the teams involved.

It obviously requires permission (and most likely a revenue sharing agreement) with each race organiser as well. Tour of Flanders have come on board for this one, like Tour of Switzerland did last year.

I hope the others like ASO become similarly enlightened and come on board with this initiative.

it's actually ridiculous that they don't get a share of the TV revenue.. Most other sports do..even tennis does.

Look at the football clubs, the better they do the more they get.. teams that go far in the Champions League get a huge cut... and we are not talking small change it's massive amounts.

Somethings have just got to change

Actually the teams should just say.. look no pay no ride.. finished and klaar, it would force the organizers and TV broadcasters to come to  an agreement.

Imagine all these big races and no one pitches to come ride.

Actually this is where Fabulous is needed.. He has the respect of the peleton.. now he can moan.. and stand up and say.. no more.. they need a voice and a strong voice.. I know Tinkov is making noise, but no one pays attention to him.. cause he is seen as the drunken Russian.

right.. so the mistery of Sagan had me baffled..  I went looking for what's cooking.  (or not in his case)

The fun is gone.

I found some footage of him as a youngster riding MTB.. bout the time that he became Jnr WC...  Same "antics" as some may call it.. and I noticed something that changed, he isn't having fun anymore (of course it is a professional sport and yes needs to be serious i suppose).. if you look at him you can see, it's all business as if someone told him.. look you are now so old and this is now how you behave, you are no longer allowed to be yourself.. and I think they have sucked the life out of him a bit.

if he isn't enjoying himself .. he aint going to be able to perform hey.

Also yes a whole lot of other younger riders have now reach the level Sagan was at 22/23.. Indeed he was a very early bloomer.

Is a Spring Classic without Spartacus still a Spring Classic?  :(

just pretend he is there and having an off day

right.. so the mistery of Sagan had me baffled..  I went looking for what's cooking.  (or not in his case)

The fun is gone.

I found some footage of him as a youngster riding MTB.. bout the time that he became Jnr WC...  Same "antics" as some may call it.. and I noticed something that changed, he isn't having fun anymore (of course it is a professional sport and yes needs to be serious i suppose).. if you look at him you can see, it's all business as if someone told him.. look you are now so old and this is now how you behave, you are no longer allowed to be yourself.. and I think they have sucked the life out of him a bit.

if he isn't enjoying himself .. he aint going to be able to perform hey.

Also yes a whole lot of other younger riders have now reach the level Sagan was at 22/23.. Indeed he was a very early bloomer.

Or maybe he just isnt at good as everyone made him out to be... :D

Sky are to ride softails for the cobbles this Sunday at De Ronde and PR as well.

According to Wiggo, these

new Pinarello Dogma K8-S frames are "game changing" with their 10mm rear suspension. Specially designed rear chain stays flex to allow the rear shock to activate.

post-22004-0-39910900-1428056910_thumb.jpg

Archived