Cyclist down on Lady Loch road, Paarl.

Cippo

I have just been told of a cyclist that was presumably knocked over by a truck near Paarl. Unfortunately the cyclist has passed away. From reports that I have it seems that it was indeed a sport cyclist and not a commuter. RIP. Condolences to the family.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just been told of a cyclist that was presumably knocked over by a truck near Paarl. Unfortunately the cyclist has passed away. From reports that I have it seems that it was indeed a sport cyclist and not a commuter. RIP. Condolences to the family.

ai ai terrible.  RIP

Sad. I will pray for the family. Carnage continues. What angers me is that if this is verified four cyclists have been murdered by truck drivers since the start of the year on our roads in Cape Town Metropolitan Area.

1. Woodbridge Island / R27

2. Camps Bay

3. Kalk Bay

4. Paarl

I call for the Western Cape government to implement stringent application of the cycling laws pertaining to vehicles infringing the law, and for harsher punishment for those who transgress those laws. It is open day for killing cyclists people, and we need to do something more than just have mass rides. We need to be getting together and protesting in a more vocal way. Look at how the majority of people in this country get what they want. It is time for cyclists to be heard, and maybe then we will be seen.

I cycle that route 2 times a week before work.... but wasnt any of us this morning. Anybody know who he or she was? Very scary indeed !

Sad thing is mass group rides dont help i think... it starts with respect and in my own family theres some who doesnt respect a cyclist! Makes me sooooo sick to argue with them why we should be on the road also!

I dont see the point anymore and just do my own thing... its a respect thing! Go on the 4x4 forums and youll see what those guys think of us... its SICK!

RIP fellow rider!

When is this tide of carnage going to turn??

When there are CONSEQUENCES, legal or illegal, to knocking over cyclists!!

RIP. Was probably doing a last easy training ride before this weekend.

Maybe we should start a "hub black arm band" thing for the CTCT. I know its a bit late but as hubbers we can all show respect to all the fallen fellow riders by wearing a black armband. Even if we didn't know the person at all.

It was on the Wellington - Malmesbury road a few kilos from the 4 way crossing.Cyclist was travelling in the direction of the 4 way crossing and knocked off his bike inside the yellow line from behind by a truck.Cyclist died on the sciene.I saw the name "Williams" on his armband was to upset to look for the name - Very sad

This is just shocking... RIP...

(I'm all for the black armband thing in Sunday's CTCT)

RIP.....

send chills down my spine ..... I have 2 young boys that cycle with me .....scary every time we go out... even more now as 2 of the cyclist that passed away is on our regular routes ....

Archived