2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Woohoo, it was hot out there - as a spectator, can't imagine what it was like for cyclists!

Where do we find results?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will not be doing chip checks for tomorrow's race - however you will have to have a chip for next Sunday. (New rules)

With the "new rules" does it mean those wanting to do a second lap have to have a timing chip too?

With the "new rules" does it mean those wanting to do a second lap have to have a timing chip too?

Oooh. That will nasty.

Nice 30km race today. One nasty hill, think it was called Scarecrow climb, but the rest was not a problem. No bottlenecks in B1 (most probably because I was the slowest!)

Apparently quite a few punctures, but I was lucky.

According to the Cycle Challenge website, bicycle access from Fourways side is through Gate C. But this appears to be a gravel road. Are the guys riding to the venue supposed to ride the gravel road, or can we go the green car route that goes parallel to the finish?

You will need a chip to get into the gates (first time and second). However you might want to remove your chip from your ankle or bike for the second lap so as not to give a weird timing result.

You will need a chip to get into the gates (first time and second). However you might want to remove your chip from your ankle or bike for the second lap so as not to give a weird timing result.

Excellent - thanks for the confirmation.

Are there any apps to use to track riders during the race?

I use an Edge 1000. Pairs with my phone and updates via Garmin Connect my location, averages, etc... My wife used it to track the ride.

I don't know about you guys, but the 55km flipping broke me. I felt like puking I was so messed up. Seemed to be the general feeling amongst the riders around me.

This ride should have been a walk in the park.

I had flu during the week, and jippo guts yesterday. This kept me up to 1AM reducing the amount of sleep I could get. I think this lot played a big role in why I broke so early and almost crawled across the finish.

The heat was just insane.

I ended up with an average speed of 16.5km/h and time of 03H19. Not bad, but should have been way better.

The Edge 510 and 810 can also do that.

G

I use an Edge 1000. Pairs with my phone and updates via Garmin Connect my location, averages, etc... My wife used it to track the ride.

The Edge 510 and 810 can also do that.

G

True story. My mate introduced me to this feature with his 810.

I think the new 520 also does it. Not 100% sure though.

I'd say 1000% chance the 520 does, they won't go from not on the 500, to yes on the 510 and then no on 520, they only add features.

if I'm not wrong the 520 actually gives life feedback with regard to strava segments.

G

Fenix 3 too

Are there any apps to use to track riders during the race?

I used the Endomondo app for our club ride from Joburg to Durban. Gave the wife some sort of peace of mind knowing she could see my progress on the desktop version.

Archived