Help on replacing a RockShox PopLock cable

Piernas Flacas

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to disassemble a RockShox PopLock in order to pull out and replace the cable that's frayed? I've tried prying off the little cover but it won't come out. Thanks for your help!

post-2387-0-36910000-1426759725_thumb.jpg

Hi Dirtypot - thank you for this but it's not the same model as mine :(

Where did you find this? I've been googling like mad and I can't find anything specifically for my lever.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to disassemble a RockShox PopLock in order to pull out and replace the cable that's frayed? I've tried prying off the little cover but it won't come out. Thanks for your help!

At the bottom there is a self-tapping hex screw that you need to take out completely. Then you need to wiggle-pull hard on that plastic push lever part. It will take some effort as the cable tends to block it from coming out. Just make sure that the "ringy part" around the shaft of the push lever doesn't come off. If it does, there is an small arrow on it that indicates the direction in which it should be reinstalled......should be pointing forwards.

My wife has one of these on her bike.......really starts to act up if a little dirt and muck gets into it. Had to open it for a clean a few times. Does not like Q20 either......gets sticky and jams up.........just clean and dry.

Dirtypot's second post is the best for replacing only the cable. 

Edited by BarHugger

OOOHHHH!!! It comes out from the bottom! Great! I actually took that bottom screw off sometime ago and gooied some lube spray there but, as Barhugger says, doesn't really help.

I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks Dirtypot, Bars and shaper! You guys rock!

• 1 year later...

I am replacing the cable on my lockout but can't seem to get the cable to make the 100 degree turn and route through the lever. Am I missing something or is this just a very k*k concept?

It's a k@k design. Patience is what you need and a steady hand.

Not what I wanted to hear... Oh well, will get a few beers and give it another go tonight.

Or the beer ...... ?

I'll put this to the test, every time I face a problem I will turn to beer and see how it turns out :drool:

• 6 months later...

Is the anyway I can remove the remote with not having to change the damper. I prefer having my fork always open.

Is the anyway I can remove the remote with not having to change the damper. I prefer having my fork always open.

That's a good question.

I would also like to do that with mine as well as I managed to bugger it up after the second service due to either the intricate manipulation of the cable or my clumsy hands. A little piece in the locking mechanism broke off.

It got stuck in the open position so no big deal but it is pointless to keep the remote on the handlebar.