[Event] Tour De Boland 2016

Alfa147GTA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keen on this, would be nice if there is a team competition of sorts. Would like to enter at least 6 to 8 of us.

It will beintersting to see how this pans out.i heard that there are complaints about disruptions to town centers from this years tour . I doubt if some towns along the way want a tour to pass through them 2 days in a row

The only official complaint we have received is from a gent in Riebeek Kasteel, and, naturally, we take heed.

Notice that our '16 Tour will try lessen impact, by only hitting a town once...either during a stage, or at the finish/start - which is twice :).

Stages:

1. Circuit race on Sunday, low impact

2. Depart (either Paarl or Stellenbosch); pass Franschhoek; pass Villiersdorp; pass Rawsonville; finish Goudini Spa.

3. Start Goudini; pass Rawsonville; mostly avoid Worcester; pass Robertson, pass Ashton; finish Montagu.

4. Start Montagu; miss Touwsrivier; finish Swaarmoed.

5. Start Tulbagh; pass Porterville and Piketberg; finish before Riebeek West (less pressure on Kasteel).

6. Start Riebeek; pass Wellington, either finish Helshoogte or Du Toitskloof Pass.

CL

It will beintersting to see how this pans out.i heard that there are complaints about disruptions to town centers from this years tour . I doubt if some towns along the way want a tour to pass through them 2 days in a row

• 1 month later...

92 commitments received - our race is ON and we'll be selling two types of entries going forward:

1. R2000 July payment;
2. R2500 "lay-buy" option, where you may pay off over time.

Please add your name to our site's pre-entry form - tourdeboland.com - so you be one of the few to do our race/ride.

Btw, there are 3 tours in that same week, so you have some great choices to make :)

Please mail me carinus@tourdeboland.com if you need to find out why US, and not another tour.

Carinus

How many entries this year from from non pro funriders. I am also not referring to top notch league/elite racers. I would not mind doing this if there is actually a cat where the racing is interesting for guys with a C to F PPA seeding for example

I will look into this as I am keen on the concept, but can someone let me know if my 26kph ace speed over 100ks will allow me to be in the thick of it with other riders or will I be way off the pace?

Is this the same tour as advertised / promoted by ASG?

Don't start that again!! It's not the same. Threw tours that week. Asg is tour of good hope.

Don't start that again!! It's not the same. Threw tours that week. Asg is tour of good hope.

Sorry just checked, you are right different tours. Why 3 and what is the difference between all of these? What would make me ride one or the other? I will be coming down from JHB so spening a small fortune, and a lot of goodwill from the wife, to ride a bike for a few days.

Sorry just checked, you are right different tours. Why 3 and what is the difference between all of these? What would make me ride one or the other? I will be coming down from JHB so spening a small fortune, and a lot of goodwill from the wife, to ride a bike for a few days.

https://www.asgevents.co.za/tourofgoodhope/for information on TOGH.

Dear Hotshot

We can not compare tours, but can state our facts as best as possible:

1. We've been doing the TdB for almost a decade, always with either myself or my brother at the helm
  2. We have both been members of the Boland Cycling Union, at various times
  3. Our 2016 TdB will comprise 600 km, over 6 days, starting and ending in Stellenbosch (it used to be Paarl to Paarl, but Paarl Municipality is not communicating with us anymore)
  4. Our tour has been running during the week prior to the "Argus" - from around the time of the demise of the Giro del Capo (I was involved in GdC organisation too)
  5. TdB will travel the Boland - 2016 will see a seamless Tour, where each stage, bar one, will start where the previous ended - see www.tourdeboland.com
  6. We do not have sponsors - we have partners - who offer our participants product at no charge - 2016 will see energy products, bespoke victualling stations, healthy snacks, free chamois cream, bike maintenance, bike security, and a few more such services
  7. Our pre-entries are open - add your name, and wait to hear from us regarding payment terms, etc - the cost is R2000 for a ONCE-OFF payment, OR R2500 for installments till just prior to the tour (we are the most affordable tour at the time, and hope to be the best!)
  8. Airport shuttles, accommodation, meals, and other services will be sourced out to the best providers possible
  9. Oh, no long queues, no registration, no goodie bags (you'll get all of your goodies delivered at home), jackets and t-shirts will be optionally sold

What did I forget?

Carinus

Archived