When: 6 June 2015
Where: Robertson, Western Cape
Category: MTB

DATE: Saturday 6 June 2015

ORGANISER: Robertson Winery

VENUE: Robertson Winery, Robertson

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 4 June 2015

ONLINE ENTRIES: www.pedalpower.org.za

ENQUIRIES: Niël van Velden on 082 558 0101 or 021 883 8043 or Email: niel@robertsonwinery.co.za

Robertson Winery is happy to announce a brand new venue for our 2015 Wacky Wine Weekend MTB! Along with the change of venue come 4 amazing new and exclusive routes that have never been used before. The event will start and finish on the same premises as where Robertson Winery will host all their Wacky Wine activities. So expect great food, live entertainment and, of course, awesome wines waiting just across the finish line!

ROUTE DESCRIPTION: The 70km, 50km and 30km route riders can look forward to a scenic ride through the vineyards and over undulating hills in the Robertson Valley.

The 70 km route is for the serious riders that like a challenge. This will be the first year that we’ll host such a long distance and we look forward to see the endurance riders tackle this one. It will be tough and technical with a total climb of about 1400m. Please do not attempt if you don’t do these distances on a regular basis.

The 50 km route is a rewarding route for fit riders, as this route includes challenging and technical climbs and descents. Only experienced riders should attempt this route.

The 30 km route, on the other hand, is a pleasant ride through vineyards and over gentle hills and is not as technical as the longer routes but will provide a nice challenge for everyone. Expect a combination of jeep and single track sections on all three the longer routes.

The 10 km route consists only of jeep tracks and is suitable for children and novices.

NOTES: All four routes are opened exclusively for this event! This funride forms part of the Wacky Wine Weekend Festival in Robertson. Each participant older than 18 will receive either a bottle of Robertson Winery Wine, Grape Juice or a medal. Participants younger than 18 will receive either a bottle of Robertson Winery Grape Juice or a medal. All children u/12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children u/10 will be allowed on the 10km route. Many lucky draw prizes to be won!

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE: As you enter Robertson from the Worcester side, cross the small bridge with the Dros on the left. Just after the small bridge you’ll find Robertson Winery on the right hand side.

One hour and forty minutes from Cape Town.

BOOK NOW for your SPORTS MASSAGE after the event! We have 20min slots at R60 per slot payable on the day. All bookings must be made with Annelize on 082 375 8033.

REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR PPA FUNRIDE NUMBER

LOADS OF LUCKY DRAW PRIZES

Go to Event Page

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I should be glad or sad about the change of venue and routes.

I do like that that the long route is now 70km.

But the first 25km of the old long route were proper mountain biking. I am going to miss this (if excluded in the new long route).

Love this race, good on you guys to mix it up a bit, you keep it fresh like that! 70km sounds great in those Robertson koppies ;)

Aint Robertson Winery on your left from Worcester side just before Klipdrift? Parking is gonna be a problem and what to do with your bike after the race, as thiefs are everywhere these days and the event now starting in town.....

Aint Robertson Winery on your left from Worcester side just before Klipdrift? Parking is gonna be a problem and what to do with your bike after the race, as thiefs are everywhere these days and the event now starting in town.....

they own the old kwv buildings as well. This is where the start will be. There is a lot of parking and they have a good security system in place. Looking forward to the new route as this is my home town race.

Entries closed already? don't see it on PPA site :(

Maybe consider the other more likely scenario? 

Archived