Another Adverse Analytical Finding

gummibear

No financial incentive.  Mostly driven by ego.

I still maintain that the powers to be should take away all this "vets racing" (which is a money maker to them) and let the old ballies dope till they die for the glory of the open seeded bunches.

Take that money saved and spend it on a proper education program and thorough testing of our professionals. 

But that is just me.

Nail, head  :thumbup:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recall he was. The Cycle Tour banned him from entry (I'm not sure for how long) - he missed all the intermediate timing mats and there was also photographic evidence of him going up Suikerbossie in club kit with a vets group behind him, and him wearing a C group number :D

In the PPA race cheating issue there was evidence lead by several witnesses (including myself and a marshal) whereby he was banned from race entries (I don't recall for how long though), but yeah, PPA and Cycle Tour are aware of his history.

I remember the two Post grad Stellenbosch students who parked off in Newlands Forest in one of the Ou Kaapse weg Argus races and hopped back when the race returned.

He cocked up by jumping into the second bunch that came back believing he was getting back into A batch, but was rather the second group of the pros.

He won A batch by a good clear 5 minutes and still argued the toss when caught out.

IIRC, she won the woman's race.

To add to this .. looking at the Amashova results for VC I noted a known "problem child" we had down here in the Cape turn in a Top 20 result, and then I see he almost podiumed in VC for Race for Victory. He was exposed at Cycle Tour for cheating, exposed at PPA for cheating and booted from our club for cheating. He denied everything of course, even in front of the PPA legal team with witnesses and evidence. Then I see he has moved to Jozi and starts racing up there. His preferred method of cheating was dropping off the racing bunch (or simply just getting dropped) and then getting his mates to pick him up in a bakkie to be transported to a convenient place closer to the finish where he could sneak back into the bunch. Other stunts this guy pulled was to take the short route options on races, faking mechanicals for the grace lap on crits, swapping jerseys in crits and so on. This guy used to struggle in our club rides ! Is a leap to doping beyond the imagination ? I wonder ...

Bwahahaha go check all his race 4 victory results compared to his other results. He seems to "peak" at that race. I also see a few races where he actually came last in his age group.

Just stick around for prize giving and make sure to shout 'doper' a couple times while they are up there... Should make life incredibly awkward  :thumbup:

This!

I have done it a few times and will continue to do so.

Intellectually I'm all for people doing the time for their crime but emotionally (and given the history of our sport) there is no room for Sorry Stevies. Ride your bike all you like outside of competition but if you get done then just get the f*ck out of the sport - your racing days are over.

Just stick around for prize giving and make sure to shout 'doper' a couple times while they are up there... Should make life incredibly awkward  :thumbup:

Might get an Emma Letter!

This!

I have done it a few times and will continue to do so.

Intellectually I'm all for people doing the time for their crime but emotionally (and given the history of our sport) there is no room for Sorry Stevies. Ride your bike all you like outside of competition but if you get done then just get the f*ck out of the sport - your racing days are over.

Lekker... if you racing guys all do it, the penny will drop really fast  :clap:

And... #SPONSORSWILLFALL

He served his ban and is allowed to race, agreed.

But that doesnt mean that we must forget. Being a cheater carries a stigma, and it will stick for a long time. Its part of the deterrent.

So if you choose to forgive and forget, thats your choice, I choose not too. Both side of the fence are entitled to their choice.

I agree with you, everybody is entitled to their own opinion but i dont see the need to slate him on a public forum for something he has done after seeing out his time.

He did the crime, he served his time and now let the man carry on with his life...

I agree with you, everybody is entitled to their own opinion but i dont see the need to slate him on a public forum for something he has done after seeing out his time.

He did the crime, he served his time and now let the man carry on with his life...

As you said that is your opinion.

Well, I do.

Just a silly question - not causing *** just checking perspective...assuming they had all served their time would you:

Let a convicted paedophile look after your children?

Let a convicted accountant look after your business?

Let a convicted investment broker look after your retirement money?

It's not like we're stopping the man from doing his passion. We'd just not like to race against people that cheat.

Archived