Events

No Littering during races - juniors leading the way

I FLY's Photo I FLY 22 Jun 2015

On Saturday our residential estate was used to host a leg of the Spur School MTB series.

After the last rider finished I rode the course to pick up any papers, gel packets ,etc to prevent our wild animals trying to eat them.

There were over 160 juniors on the course during the day and yet I did not find a single piece on litter.

Then on Sunday my wife and I walked the course again in order to remove all the signage and barrier tape. We only found 4 water bottles that had fallen .

We will ask the local organisers to communicate our thanks to the participating schools.image.jpg
Edited by I FLY, 22 June 2015 - 06:59 .

Long Wheel Base's Photo Long Wheel Base 22 Jun 2015

Very good to hear. 

But more importantly I like your labs. I love the colour of chocolate labs.

DJR's Photo DJR 22 Jun 2015

Lovely dogs....oh yeah and well done to the youngsters!

Stretch's Photo Stretch 22 Jun 2015

that is very encouraging to hear. I would go a little further and let the sponsors know too as well as the organisers in the hope that it trickles down to the participants - let them know the positive impact that non littering has

milky4130's Photo milky4130 22 Jun 2015

So all the other litter during all other races were done by adults? *shocking*

btw as kids all we needed was a peanut & jam sandwich to get us through the entire day of BMX'ing.

Long Wheel Base's Photo Long Wheel Base 22 Jun 2015

So all the other litter during all other races were done by adults? *shocking*

btw as kids all we needed was a peanut & jam sandwich to get us through the entire day of BMX'ing.

Maybe that's what they still using and hence the reason there was no empty Gel sachets.

Hackster's Photo Hackster 22 Jun 2015

Heart warming!