Disappointed in coach Swen Lauer - swenlauer.com

MarcL

If there are three sides to every story - Mine / His and the truth?

Here's MINE: 

2 years ago, I sent my newbie wife to Swen Lauer for some skills. (Found him on the W2W site) - I tagged along for fun and Swen did a great job with my wife... She is now a demon on the MTB - Thanks for that.

Fast forward to this year, as I got an Epic entry, I decided to call up coach Swen to get a training program. He explained he had all these top athletes and agreed to give me a program based on my very erratic schedule. (I'm away for weeks at a time and can't train, but then home for weeks where I can train without restriction - I sent him my schedule)

His fee was around R1000 per month plus a R1000 deposit. I agreed to pay him for 6 months in advance and I paid in Euros - I gave him €600. My first mistake....

About a week later a got a two week block of a training program. After that two week period, I was away for a week so was not alarmed when I did not receive anything else. Then into week four, nothing... and week five nothing.

I sent a couple of reminder emails... nothing.

So on week six, I made other arrangements. That was a month ago and to date, still no reply to my emails with regards to refunding my money.

I tried calling but no luck either....

So before I rant about him running off with my money and not delivering on the agreement, I would like him to either explain HIS side or refund my money. 

So over to you Swen Lauer....

Update: 3 July 2015: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/151607-disappointed-in-coach-swen-lauer-swenlauercom/?p=2656753

Edited by Admin
Added link to update from OP

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that if you start off telling us the truth is different to your version you are admitting that you are lying....

Edit - you are also implying Sven is a liar before he even had the chance to respond..

Edited by Skubarra

You do realise that if you start off telling us the truth is different to your version you are admitting that you are lying....

Edit - you are also implying Sven is a liar before he even had the chance to respond..

well no, he's implied that both he and Sven are lying off the bat making neither version plausible. 

Where do we go for the truth, or does the truth find us?

Not at all... I am being 100% transparent and giving him the option to correct me if I am at fault. (Remember I did try via email first)

And if I am at fault, I will eat humble pie... But then again, I can't see how I can be at fault as I never received what I paid for.

Not really implying that Swen is a liar, just that he failed to produce what he was paid to produce and not responding to e-mails.

Not really implying that Swen is a liar, just that he failed to produce what he was paid to produce and not responding to e-mails.

Ag this is not really contributing to the discussion - but he is starting out by saying Sven's version will be different to the truth.

Just felt the OP shot himself in the foot with his opening sentence - he should have more confidence in his own ability to tell the truth (and maybe also Sven will do the right thing if given the opportunity)

Ag this is not really contributing to the discussion - but he is starting out by saying Sven's version will be different to the truth.

Just felt the OP shot himself in the foot with his opening sentence - he should have more confidence in his own ability to tell the truth (and maybe also Sven will do the right thing if given the opportunity)

wow dude, seriously nit picking here! i bet if he hadn't said it, the first comment would have been the exact same phrase

I agree with you on that.

That said, perhaps DIPSLICK's question is the most pertinent so far - Is Swen on the Hub?

OP please go and fix your OP.

Take this *** part out

"There are three side to every story. Mine / His and the truth"

He was trying to come across as honest as he could.

Because the first thing us Hubbers do is say "there is his side, my side and the truth".

He was just preempting that. Talk about damned if you do damned if you dont.

He also came here ASKING the other party to explain his side of the story, an opportunity that many other complaints do not allow, never mind actively ask for.

Edited by Patchelicious

IS SWEN A HUBBER

If not, surely some Hubber will let him know of this post, and he can fulfill his right to respond.

If not, surely some Hubber will let him know of this post, and he can fulfill his right to respond.

ONLY ASKING BECAUSE LAST TIME SOMEONE DONE SIMILAR THE CROSS  FACE SPOON WAS BROUGHT OUT :ph34r:

Some of you would do well working in our government - side step the main issue completely and fixate on a tiny insignificant piece of the story.

He could have said "my daughter has a blue unicorn" but it still wouldn't have changed the fact that he was schneid out of his hard earned Euro's.

Focus people, focus.